May Mixed Media Challenge and Stencil Sunday

Sunday, May 1, 2016


Hello!  I'm so happy to be back with another Stencil Sunday project and mixed media challenge.

Would love to have you join us for the mixed media challenge this month.  As always, it's an anything goes challenge that must be a mixed media piece...tags, art journal pages, home decor, etc....anything but a card.  The winner will receive a $15 STAMPlorations gift certificate or 2 ARTplorations stencils. And the top picks receive an ARTplorations stencil of their choice. 


Playing in my small art journal again.  After covering the page in gesso, I stamped several images from Mixed Media Elements around the edges in Cobalt Archival Ink. Next came some light modelling paste through my Retro Circles stencil.  When that was dry, I blended two shades of Distress Crayons on the page.  Then I added some Distress Ink through my Square Links stencil.  

The sentiment from Subway Art Builders Create was stamped on some Tim Holtz Tissue Wrap and adhered to the page with a matte medium.  My final step was to smudge some Stabilo pencil randomly around the edges and blend with water.


Cannot wait to see what you make!  Just a gentle reminder...this is not a card challenge...it's anything BUT a card.  To ensure that you're eligible for the prizes each month, simply create a mixed media project, add a link to the challenge and show the challenge graphic...it's as easy as that!

Back soon with more my sweet friends...


4 comments

  1. Very cool! Love the mix of stencils and colours. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your layers of stenciling and how you smudged on your distress crayons. TFS and always inspiring us my friend. Hugs, Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love to admire your creativity mix media. You do it with such finesse and lightness! I can not move as smoothly in the world of the media mix. Every time I delight to view your work.
    hugs,
    BozenA

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love to admire your creativity mix media. You do it with such finesse and lightness! I can not move as smoothly in the world of the media mix. Every time I delight to view your work.
    hugs,
    BozenA

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my blog. You've made my day!