Stencil Sunday - The Realist Adjusts the Sails


Hello, my stamping lovelies!  I'm back with another Stencil Sunday Project.

When I first saw the new Anchors Away stencil my heart went pitter patter as I knew I wanted to use it with the True North stamp set.

This is a small journal page...the pages in this book are 5.5 inches by 8 inches...a really nice size to work with!  After covering my page with gesso and drying it, I added some Prima Color Mist and misted it with water.  Next, I added the anchors with my stencil and some Archival Ink.  The sailboat and sentiment were stamped in black MFT Hybrid ink.  Then, using my Nestled Circles and some Distress Ink I added the feeling of waves/water.  And the final touch...a bit of Stabilo pencil smudged beneath the boat.

Would love to have you join us for the mixed media challenge this month.  As always, it's an anything goes challenge that must be a mixed media piece...tags, art journal pages, home decor, etc....anything but a card.  The winner will receive a $15 STAMPlorations gift certificate or 2 ARTplorations stencils. And the top picks receive an ARTplorations stencil of their choice. 



STAMPlorations               ARTplorations
True North                        Anchors Away                      Nestled Circles
SheryRuss_TrueNorth-preview         preview-web-stencil-068-anchorsaway             preview-web-stencil-026-nestledcircles.jpeg           

Back soon with more my sweet friends...

Labels: , ,