Featured Designer CAS Mix Up - Song Bird

Friday, April 1, 2016

It's a day full of posts for this girl :)  Check out my April Mixed Media Card challenge post here. And don't forget to check out my Guest Designer post for the Graciellie Designs blog hop here.



So thrilled to be the Featured Designer for the CAS Mix Up this month.  Thank you, Loll and Bonnie!



And here's their challenge for the month...one that's right up my alley - stenciling :)




I started out with some watercolor paper and a spray mist.  Then I added some translucent embossing paste through the reverse side of my ARTplorations Perched Bird stencil. Why the reverse side you ask?  It suited my layout better.   Once I lifted off the stencil, I used a spatula to add texture to the paste.  That gives some high and low areas for stamping which adds more texture. Then it was dried a bit with a heat gun and left to dry for a while longer. Again, you can get even more texture by heating with a heat gun...it will bubble up a bit.

Next, it was stamped with a Stampendous Music Score stamp with Archival Ink.  Another option would be Staz-On if you don't have Archival Ink.  I heat set the Archival Ink, just to be sure.  Then I watercolored with three shades of Distress Inks, blending each into the next color.  And then I wiped most of the excess Distress Ink from the bird with a baby wipe.

A simple stamped sentiment from STAMPlorations Art Marks and my usual smattering of sequins and done!

Check out what Loll and Bonnie have for you this month!

Back soon with more my sweet friends...


11 comments

  1. This is amazing Lee-Anne!! Your designs are always so creative and unique. LOVE the song bird! :) with the musical stamping, and love the embossing gel and beautiful colours. Thanks so much for being our Featured Designer this month at CAS Mix Up! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. TFS all your stenciled and mixed media steps Lee-Anne. You are making me want to get all inky my friend. Congratulations for being chosen Loll and Bonnie's featured stamper this month :-)
    Hugs, Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is awesome, Lee-Anne! I didn't know you could do so much with embossing paste! It's always a good day when I learn something new. Love the stamping on the bird and the beautiful watercoloring! Thanks so much for joining our team this month!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful stamping on the bird and the soft watercolors around it really define it's shape! great textures on this Lee-Anne - congrats on being Guest DT!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning card. Love the watercolor background. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on being the Featured Designer at CAS Mix it Up, Lee-Anne! This is such a gorgeous card! I love how the musical notes are peeking through the bird, and your color palette is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is really beautiful! I love the soft colors.. and that bird is gorgeous! Congratulations on your GD feature! You sure do deserve it! Thanks for sharing and I hope you have a great day!
    Hugs,
    Jo
    ♥ Jo's Scrap Shack ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is stunning! I love the stamping on the bird - I must try this out! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Goodness, Lee-Anne, this is so unique and eye catching! You have inspired me.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fun card, I love the outline of the bird and the fabulous colours.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love watercolor background. I can not so beautiful mix of colors. Always show me some dirty stains :-( Thank you for revealing method, as adorned the bird. Simple solutions are the best :-)
    Have a nice day,
    BozenA

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my blog. You've made my day!