ARTplorations Stencil Blog Hop - Day Three

Friday, April 15, 2016


Hello again, stencil fans!  It's day three of the ARTplorations Stencil Blog Hop with the STAMPlorations girls!


You can find all the details on the STAMPlorations blog right here.  There might be some prizes...just saying.  Commenting on the STAMPlorations blog, the rest of the design team member's blogs and my blog just might win you a prize :)  Commenting closes April 17 with the winners announced on April 19.

So are you sick of this technique yet?  Just had to try it again but put a different spin on it.  This time, I dried it with my heat gun, dampened it just slightly and dropped more color in with the stencil back in place.  And, I tried to be a bit more loosey goosey with my pen outlines.  Once it was dry, I smudged some glass bead gel over the flowers for a bit of sparkle and dimension.  See those little, blue dots?  That means someone didn't clean their stencil properly before starting this project :(



Here's what I used:
Paper:  SU!, vellum and watercolor
Ink:  Versafine Onyx Black
Stamps:  STAMPlorations Big Greetings
All the other stuff:  ARTplorations Old Rose Prints stencil, Lil' Inker Stitched Rectangle die, Micron pen, glass bead gel.

Check out what the other STAMPlorations girls have created to inspire you right here.

This is also my reminder card for the CAS Mix Up Card Challenge.  I'm the Featured Designer this month and wanted to share one more card for the challenge.  You'll find all the details for the CAS Mix Up right here.



STAMPlorations products I used today:

ARTplorations Old Rose Prints                            STAMPlorations Big Greetings
preview-web-stencil-013-old-rose-prints.jpeg                                             preview-SheryRussDesigns-BigGreetings

Back soon with more my sweet friends...

23 comments

  1. No not sick of the technique yet just a bit more inspired ...keep em coming, another fab card thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks very pretty and I love glass bead gel..its looks fab in real !

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that is my favorite from your 3 cards - saving the best for last!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the background and use of vellum is perfect:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this technique! Beautiful card (even with the blue dots - just adds character!).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty and
    the glass gell
    really adds to
    it.
    Carla from Utah

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty and
    the glass gell
    really adds to
    it.
    Carla from Utah

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow ... another beauty with this technique Lee-Anne. I'm going to have to give this a try. LOVE the addition of the glass bead gel to give it some sparkle. Thanks again for being our Featured Designer at CAS Mix Up! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning! Those flowers are amazing and the color palette is perfect for your design. xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such pretty roses, Lee-Anne! Love the colors and even those tiny blue spots look natural! I'll bet that glass bead gel really sparkles IRL! Thanks so much for joining our CAS Mix Up team this month! You are such an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  11. you did perfectly with this stencil
    this one I have too
    and now you made me want to make a card and stop the hop (your fault haha)
    great interpretation I enjoy hop on your blog today
    hugs
    Monika from Germany

    ReplyDelete
  12. We obviously have similar tastes in our STAMPlorations stencils, because this one is also in my collection! Tire of this technique? Not a chance; I continue to be starstruck with the impressive results! If only a bit of your expertise with watercolouring would rub off on me, I'd be ecstatic! Going to give this a try...fingers tightly crossed I'll have something 'show-able'. As always, in awe...
    hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really love your style. Thanks for all the inspiration

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous Lee-Anne! Love the soft colours, and the vellum sentiment adds an extra soft touch! Beautiful! hugs and happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous card, love how you added more color and the glass beads.
    Dolores

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love your soft colors for your stenciled roses Lee-Anne. Fun the way you loosely outlined your roses. Great idea. TFS and always inspiring us my friend. Hugs, Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  17. Nope not sick of this technique...Your card is so wispy, artsy and so gorgeous. Love the addition of the beads and what finishes it off is those little blue dots!!! Gorgeous creative card x Thank you for the inspiration x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely card! Beautiful colors and texture!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a beautiful card and fabulous technique. The outline gives extracpop to the flowers :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. All of these are so pretty, what a great technique!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh my word Lee-Ann - this card is gorgeous using this stencil. The colours you achieved in the flowers is beautiful, and I love the added sparkle. I saw this stencil used on a card Loll did and she directed me to your card as well. I am moving that stencil up my wish list. Thanks for sharing your technique.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wonderful card! I know the template and water, but I do not know how you did this wonder :-( But great artists have their secrets ... ';-)
    hugs,
    BozenA

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my blog. You've made my day!