ARTplorations Stencil Blog Hop - April 13 - 15

Wednesday, April 13, 2016


Hello, stencil fans!  It's time for another ARTplorations Stencil Blog Hop with the STAMPlorations girls.


You can find all the details on the STAMPlorations blog right here.  There might be some prizes...just saying.  Commenting on the STAMPlorations blog, the rest of the design team member's blogs and my blog just might win you a prize :)  Commenting closes April 17 with the winners announced on April 19.

I'm always on the lookout for new ways to use stencils and this one incorporates another of my favorite things and that's watercolor.  Here's a link to the video tutorial I found on Joggles which explains how it's done. 

My Leaf Prints stencil was placed on some watercolor paper and using a large, flat brush I dropped in watercolor paint.  Once it was completely dry, I did a bit of rough sketching around each of the components with a waterproof fine pen.  And since I ended up with some tiny drops of watercolor, I outlined those two just for fun :)  There's a distinct possibility you'll see more of this technique in the coming days as I try to perfect it.

Here's what I used:
Paper:  Neenah Solar White and watercolor
Ink:  Versafine in Black Onyx
Stamps:  STAMPlorations Art Is
All the other stuff:  ARTplorations Leaf Prints stencil, Zig Gansai Tambi Watercolor, large flat brush, Micron pen, MFT Wonky Stitched Rectangle die, sequins, adhesive, foam tape

Check out what the other STAMPlorations girls have made to inspire you right here.

STAMPlorations products I used today:
ARTplorations Leaf Prints:                        STAMPlorations Art Is:
preview-web-stencil-001-leaves-large.jpeg                                  Shery_Russ-ArtIs-preview

Back soon with more my sweet friends...


26 comments

  1. I like this technique gives a really different finish might have to buy a stencil to try it though, thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely fabulous use of this cool stencil! This is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks like a fun technique - thanks for the inspiration! Lovely card; pretty colors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your watercolored stenciling Lee-Anne. Your stenciled leaf colors are so soft and pretty. Can't wait to see more :-) TFS my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the colors you used for the leaves. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is one of my favourite stencils, and seeing it showcased as you have, with the watercolour and outlining, makes me incredibly happy! Gorgeous!
    ~carol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the water colors with stencil!Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Have to watch that video! Great card, Lee-Ann!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for the video. ..you make it look so simple.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This looks gorgeous ...... such pretty colours and a great technique xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful colors Lee Anne and lovely card. Thanks bunches for the inspiration - makes me want to go play!!! j.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So pretty . Love the muted colors you used:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. One of my favorite stencils! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a pretty card! Gonna have to try this technique! xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. looks such soft....
    think I have to try this technique
    TFS CU hellerlittle

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love how you used this stencil and am anxious to try this technique.

    ReplyDelete
  17. love how you added the black lines to the soft colors!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely soft colours. Thanks for sharing your techniques.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful Lee-Anne! I love the contrast of the black outlining against the soft colours of the stencilled pattern! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Yes always looking for new techniques too with stencils and this is a gorgeous one. The effect is so unique and gorgeous. Loving the water colour colours. Thank you for the inspiration x

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a great technique. LOVE the sketchy outline of the watercoloured stenciling. Very cool!

    I'm woefully behind in commenting. Looking forward to catching up with your posts over the past couple of days. xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Loving the look of
    your leaves. So pretty.
    Carla from Utah

    ReplyDelete
  23. Lee Ann great new technique on your card
    I have seen that video too
    cool technique must try
    love your CAS design

    ReplyDelete
  24. Gorgeous! I love that big leavess stencil.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my blog. You've made my day!