Verve March Spotlight Hops Day Five

Friday, March 11, 2016


It's the final day of our March Spotlight Hops!  Have you enjoyed the spotlights we've been sharing this week? Thanks so much for hopping along with us and celebrating the new release this week! Everything previewed this week is available to order in the Verve online store. So come let's hop along one more time for a closer look at Rise AboveNew Beginnings and the Partly Cloudy and Springtime Stitches die sets.
Want to win some shiny new Verve? We'll be picking a random commenter on one of the hop spots below to win today's featured products! So be sure to leave a little comment on all the blogs below to increase your chances! Check out the Verve Blog today for the full hop list, a little more about our new products and all the prize info and deadlines!

You should have arrived here from Christyne's blog if you are hopping in order :)
Rise AboveNew Beginnings
Partly Cloudy Die SetSpringtime Stitches Die Set


My first card today features New Beginnings and Springtime Stitches.  I just adore those sweet little flowers and the variety of sentiments.

It all starts with some paper I've been keeping  hoarding for a while.  For some background texture and sparkle, I've used a stencil and some gold mica flake paste.  Then I die cut two Sweet Scallop tags in coordinating papers, stamping the sentiment on the top one.

These little flowers make my heart sing:)  They've been die cut in more coordinating paper, layered and shined up with some gold Wink of Stella.  I've also snipped between the petals to add more dimension.  For my embellies...some gold and peach thread as well as lots of gold sequins to add even more sparkle.

And, here's another card featuring  Rise Above and Partly Cloudy:



This one starts out with some spray mists. Next, I added some light modeling paste through a stencil and added more randomly with a spatula.  When the paste was dry I stamped the sweet little clouds and added some frosted mica flakes to the larger clouds.  It adds texture and a lovely bit of sparkle. Then  I stamped the wonderful "you are my sunshine" stamp randomly also, before adding some white gesso.  Next, I  added a sentiment from Rise Above.

Mr. Sun is shining brightly in some die cut designer paper and stamped with a sentiment from Rise Above. And, for the final touch, a smattering of sequins.

Your next stop on the hop is Mackie...enjoy!  Here's the complete list if you've gotten lost along the way.  Don't want you to miss out on the fabulous prizes!


Day 4 Hop List
1. Julee7. Mackie
2. Amber8. Marisa
3. Betty9. Maureen
4. Charmaine10. Stacey
5. Christyne11. Vicki
6. Lee-Anne


Well, all good things do come to an end and this is my final post as a Guest Diva.  I've enjoyed each and every minute and I hope I've inspired you.   Thank you, Julee, for this wonderful week :)

Back soon with more my sweet friends...



52 comments

  1. Love the rustic(1) and vintage(2) feel of your cards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both cards again are so special and so different. I love how you add texture to your cards but still keeping them soft.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are both fabulous, like that both would be able to be used for either sex.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You had me at texture paste!!! Love both card styles!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow!!! Your wonderful textures make pop out so well the diecuts and the sentiment! Love expecially the first card, with these adorable flowers and the lovely sentiment on the tag! Great works!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow - love the awesome stenciling on both cards! The gold mica flakes on your first card had me from the first look. Love it!!! And I especially love the vivid color combination of your second card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super fabulous! Love how you used mixed media elements in both of your creations, showcased beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your cards are fabulous! Love the texturing and bits of sparkle. I am glad that the Verve Hop brought me to your blog this week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your cards and all of the textures!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. stunning blues on the sky card and I love the wood look on the first card! The old id also a beautiful touch. The sunshine and flowers are the cutest!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous mixed media cards. Love them both!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Both cards are really good! The words ring so true!

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMGosh I loVe both your cards. LoVe how you added the texture to your backgrounds. Thanks for sharing.
    Crafty hugs,
    Dawn
    DesignsByDragonfly.blogspot

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous cards, I love all the dimension and sentiments.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful cards. I love the mixed media.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Cool cards, loving
    all the mixed media
    on them. So pretty.
    Carla from Utah

    ReplyDelete
  17. Cool cards, loving
    all the mixed media
    on them. So pretty.
    Carla from Utah

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow - gorgeous cards full of wonderful mixed media and great colours. I love the dimension you've given to the sweet flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love your backgrounds! That gold flake paste looks amazing on the first card, I need some of that!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love both of these projects! again I'm impressed with the sentiments! They are so versatile!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love your artistic projects!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love your artistic projects!

    ReplyDelete
  23. You have rocked this release, Lee-Anne!!! Wonderful creations yet again :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Beautiful backgrounds on both of your cards. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  26. Awesome textures on your pretty cards!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Lee-Anne, these are both gorgeous! The shimmer on the first is amazing - and so is the mixed media look on the second!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Two fabulous cards! I really like that first one with all that gold sparkle.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Wow, these are beautiful works of art!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Love all the texture on both of your cards.

    ReplyDelete
  31. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Oh wow! These cards are great! I love the beautiful rustic and vintage layout!!!! Both cards are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Wow Lee-Anne, these are just gorgeous!! Love the fresh spring colours of the second card, and holy cow with the gold mica stencil pattern on the first card! Totally researching where I can get me some of that stuff!! happy weekend! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  34. These are both amazing! Thank you for sharing them!

    ReplyDelete
  35. You have really showcased the new Verve sentiments!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Two absolutely gorgeous cards!!!

    ReplyDelete
  37. love your gorgeous work mf...so interesting and well done!
    A joy to see.

    ReplyDelete
  38. Both of these cards are so visually appealing, great work!

    ReplyDelete
  39. 2 great cards. Liking that misted background.

    ReplyDelete
  40. Beautiful cards, love how you added the gold sparkle on the first one.
    Dolores

    ReplyDelete
  41. Both cards are wonderful but I am really drawn to the one with the fab wood background.

    ReplyDelete
  42. Beautiful cards LeeAnne. The first one is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  43. what a gorgeous set of cards... love the mixed media look that both of them have!

    ReplyDelete
  44. I like the gold flake paste and I think it's perfectly OK to hoard paper.

    ReplyDelete
  45. Stunning, like the masculine Woodhaven and your sash backgrounds!

    ReplyDelete
  46. What terrific textures! Especially love the mica and tags with those sweet flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  47. Wow! That is a gorgeous card! I love all the bling and the woodgrain backgound!

    ReplyDelete
  48. There's something special that does it for me with the first card - though both are awesome! I like your use of the mica flakes thru a stencil. Great idea and how clever. Reading all these blog posts from all of you, really gets my creative juices flowing!

    ReplyDelete
  49. Wonderful cards. Love the first one!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my blog. You've made my day!