Margarita Cupcake Anyone?

Wednesday, March 2, 2016


Playing along with a few challenges today.

I've heat-embossed the cupcake in white and then added some watercoloring with Distress Ink.  For some added sparkle...some Lime Green Stickles and my usual smattering of sequins.  Simple and quick to do.  The sentiment is from Simon Says Stamp and the cupcake is from Kanban.

Had to play along with my dear friend Loll's brand spanking new CAS Mix Up Challenge.  She and Bonnie have come up with a new challenge near and dear to this girl's heart :)  What could be better than CAS and mixed media???  My "choice" is heat embossing and an additional choice being the Stickles.

And Curtain Call has a new challenge out which inspired my lime green cupcake design.  Also, Simon Say Stamp's latest challenge is "touchy feely"...so this works for that too with the rough texture of the Stickles on my cupcake.


Challenges entered:

CAS Mix Up


Curtain Call
 

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge:
Simon Wednesday Challenge Blog

Back soon with more my sweet friends...

12 comments

  1. LOVE lime green ... and what would be better than a Margarita cupcake?? ... nothing! :) My favourite adult beverage! :) Fantastic design with your beautiful watercolouring, white embossed image and those stickles just sparkle and shine. So happy to see you in the CAS Mix Up gallery, my sweet friend! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, this is so pretty! What a fabulous cupcake image and take on the inspiration photo! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmm, a Margarita cupcake. The best of both worlds, Lee-Anne! Love the whole look of your card with the white embossed cupcake and luscious green watercolor! And glitter for extra fun! Thanks so much for sharing this with us at CAS Mix Up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never heard of a margarita cupcake, but I'm pretty sure I'm gonna need one, or two or five!! Beautiful card Lee-Anne, and boy oh boy, you sure nailed that inspiration photo! Stunning! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the bright green background to the embossed cupcake. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are right this is in your wheelhouse, Lee-Anne. Love that fancy cupcake and the perfect CAS style.
    Congratulations on your Verve guestie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fab emboss resist using watercolour. Love your card! Thanks for playing along Simon Says Stamp Touchy Feely Challenge :) Gayatri xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow is this ever stunning!! The perfect take on the inspriation photo!!

    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh my! this is soooo pretty! love that embossed cupcake and the gorgeous watercolored background. thanks for linking up to curtain call.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this look! And this card specifically! You had me at "margarita..." thumbs up.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my blog. You've made my day!