March Mixed Media Card Challenge

Tuesday, March 1, 2016


Well, here it is the first of the month yet again!  And you know what that means...it's time for another Mixed Media Card Challenge:



The challenges run from the 1st to the 25th of each month, with the winners announced on the last day of the month.  To play along, simply create a mixed media card and enter it at the Mixed Media Card Challenge.  Be sure to check out the cards from the rest of the Design Team!  So much inspiration!

New to mixed media?  Just combine two or more mediums on your card.  So many choices: watercolor, gesso, acrylics, distress inks, pencils, crayons, Copics, other inks and on and on...

Went a little lot out of my comfort zone here...instead of using a tree stamp or a stencil which I'd normally do, I used a patterned stamp to create my "tree".  And decided to work with some colors that aren't my "norm".   I started out with random heat embossed bits of some Cover-A-Card stamps in a matte embossing powder to add some texture to the background.  Next I inked the entire card with three shades of Distress inks and spritzed lightly with water. Then, I used a really cool, old stamp I have from A Stamp in the Hand to create my "tree".  It's just a long tapered pattern stamp.   I used Archival Ink and just sort of came up with a tree.  Then I added some shading with a Stabilo 3-in-1 pencil and a small paintbrush dipped in water.   The birds are from the ARTplorations Some Birds stencil...I just used some white gesso on my finger to create them.  Then I added some splatters of gold watercolor paint. The sentiment is from STAMPlorations Art Is...I love the look and all the wonderful quotes from this set :)

Can't wait to see what you create for the challenge this month!

Back soon with more my sweet friends...


7 comments

  1. Well you should go outside of your norm more often because this card is amazeballs! Love the funky colors and grungy feel of this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - how cool is this design! love the gold splatters and that wonderful tree! very arty design!! Julia xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lee-Anne, this is such an amazing card. Such awesome colors and cool design.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! Lee-Anne, this is just stunning! I am loving your tree and how you shaded around the outside. Beautiful colours, that background is blowing me away! Love it!! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've obviously got the perfect "temperament"! You do this art so well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great way to create your tree from a patterned stamp. It is so cool! And great combination of colours, collage stamping and stenciling. A inspiring mixed media piece of art, my friend. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. fave, fave, fave - really like your take alot!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my blog. You've made my day!