Coffee with Winged Things


Another card for the Spring Coffee Lovers Blog Hop, using the colors from the latest Color Throwdown Challenge.


Just got some new STAMPlorations and ARTplorations goodies, so of course, I had to make another card immediately :)  I made the background paper by first creating a stencil monoprint with my shiny new stencil.  Then I randomly added some watered down gesso to the paper.  Next,  I heat embossed all the winged things and watercolored them with Distress Inks.  And since one can never have too much gold...added some dots of gold watercolor paint to their wings.  The little butterfly on the coffee cup was stamped with Distress Ink, watercolored with gold watercolor paint and heat embossed in gold to give the appearance of being in flight.

Here's what I used:
Paper:  SU! and watercolor paper
Ink:  Versamark and Distress Inks
Stamps:  STAMPlorations All You Need is Coffee and Winged Things
All the rest of the stuff:  ARTplorations Square Links stencil, gold embossing powder, gesso, sequins, foam tape, gold watercolor paint

Challenges entered:
Color Throwdown Challenge #385

Back soon with more my sweet friends...

Labels: , , ,