Toni's Birthday

Friday, February 12, 2016


A birthday card for my sweet cousin, Toni.

I've heat embossed the flowers from Altenew's Persian Motifs in gold and then just loosely watercolored with some Distress Inks.  When it was dry I added some splashes of Peerless Transparent Gold watercolor.  This is a one layer card using Arches 140# cold pressed paper.

A simple sentiment from Altenew's Superscript 2 and a smattering of fun iridescent white beads and sequins from Little Things from Lucy's Cards.  That little heart is actually iridescent but shows up pink on my photo...one of those little things that make you go hmmm????

Challenges entered:
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge:  one layer
Simon Wednesday Challenge Blog

Addicted to CAS:  code word bloom


ColourQ:  calypso coral, melon mambo, pink pirouette, gold and white


Back soon with more my sweet friends...



12 comments

  1. This is STUNNING Lee-Anne. I mean, I'me over the top crazy about this card. My favourite colours, gorgeous design ... and one layer. You are AMAZING! Toni will LOVE this card! Have to CASE. Wish I had that gorgeous stamp, it's on my wish list, but hard to find in stock. :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a beautiful card Lee-Anne - love the watercoloring and pretty gold embossed blooms - and then that bold sentiment popping off the card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How beautiful this is! The splashes of color behind the gold outlined flowers are spectacular! Thanks so much for joining us at colourQ!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, this is stunning Lee-Anne!! Love the amazing colours, all swirled together! Love the gold embossed flowers, just so elegant! Toni will surely treasure this! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. There is something so soft and wonderful about this card...the gold with the perfect pinks...it jumped right off the page to me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG Lee-Anne, your emboss resist technique is gorgeous!!! I love your colors and gold embossed flowers. your bold love and sequins are perfect too. So much dimension in your one layer beauty. TFS my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I am so in love with Altenew sets and this one is showcased brilliantly here! Love the colours, so loose and pretty but not hiding those blooms in any way. Thanks for linking up at ATCAS and looks like another set to add on the wish list! Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is simply gorgeous. I love those flowers stamped and outlined in gold and your coloring is so pretty and artsy. Thanks so much for playing along at ColourQ this week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card Lee-Ann! So pretty and feminine, & I love the Altenew stamps.
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. So incredibly pretty and dreamy. Ahhhhh.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have got to get this stamp set! Beautiful job using it, Lee-Anne! Makes me want it even more!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lee-Anne, I so wish I could watercolor so beautiful. Stunning.
    So glad you joined us at ATCAS this week
    jaydee

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my blog. You've made my day!