Theirs Was An Old Love

Thursday, February 11, 2016


My Tim's Tag for the month of February.  It looks nothing like his really, but that's ok!  It's where my mind and my hands took me.

He used the monoprint technique for his background and so did I with my Burlap stencil, but it's very subtle.

After choosing my picture from the Photobooth pack, it made me think of old love, vintage love, someone who's been together forever, so that's where I headed.

The heart was made with a Pocket Card and the Heart Wings die, then I folded it in half and cut it down to a smaller heart.  It's been crumpled, inked and distressed.  The little "heart" token has been partially covered with Tarnished Bronze Distress Paint and heat set to look like something old.

I dyed some seam binding with the same colors used throughout the tag...Victorian Velvet and Brushed Corduroy Distress Inks.  I've also used some Small Talk stickers like he used on his tag. And heat embossed the background in gold using the Love Struck set.

Here's Tim's tag for the month:

2016TAG

Challenges entered:
Frilly & Funkie:  Love is in the Air
Really Reasonable Ribbon:  #134 Anything Goes

Back soon with more my sweet friends...

8 comments

  1. Beautiful! Love the vintage elements and colours ... everything works so perfectly together. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pretty version of Tim's tag Lee-Ann! Love your heart - the gold embossing and pretty ribbon! Julia xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely Stunning Lee-Anne. Did you hear my Out Loud...Wow?!? Gorgeous textures, gold eb and beautiful embellishments. A really Stunning card my friend. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the coppery/ gold emboss. Stunning tag. Creative Blessings! Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that you let your he{art} inspire you on this one, Lee-Anne. Feminine at it's best.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your take on Tim's tag. It's really beautiful and romantic. Thanks so much for joining us for the Frilly and Funkie "Love is in the Air" challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Lee-Anne!
    This is fabulous. Thanks so much for sharing with us.
    Blessings,
    Karen
    Really Reasonable Ribbon

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my blog. You've made my day!