Let's Celebrate

Sunday, February 21, 2016


It's Stencil Sunday!  And just a quick reminder about our current Mixed Media Challenge before I get into my tag details.

Would love to have you join us for the mixed media challenge this month.  As always, it's an anything goes challenge that must be a mixed media piece...tags, art journal pages, home decor, etc....anything but a card.  The winner will receive a $15 STAMPlorations gift certificate or 2 ARTplorations stencils. And the top picks receive an ARTplorations stencil of their choice.


Thought it would be fun to play with a black tag today and show you how to add some color.  Not all mediums will show up, but some work really well.  I started off by using some acrylic paint through my ARTplorations Confetti Circles stencil in a deep turquoise color.  Once that was dry, I added some Inka Gold in a pink shade through my Bubbles stencil. Next I added some crackle paste through my Happy Flowers stencil.  Impatience caused me to dry it with a heat gun...so just a couple of large crackles appeared. I added some color to the flowers with m PITT artist pens...just scribbled on the color and then spread it around with my finger.  

Added a little banner sentiment from STAMPlorations Balloons and Banners (that's one of the Dee's Artsy Impressions designs) and a bit of ribbon to finish off the tag.

Back soon with more my sweet friends...

ARTplorations stencils used:
Confetti Circles                     Bubbles                                  Happy Flowers
preview-web-stencil-028-confetticircles.jpeg                  preview-web-stencil-008-bubbles.jpeg                 preview-web-stencil-027-happyflowers.jpeg

STAMPlorations stamps used:
preview-DAIBalloonsandBanners

Back soon with more my sweet friends...

6 comments

  1. Wow, I love the colours on this one Lee-Anne!! What a great background, and that pink banner just pops!! Fabulous stencils! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving the colour combination and thank you for the step by step on using a black background.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The tag is so dramatic with the black background. Love the layers of stenciling. And the colours are gorgeous. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. That stencil gets me every time. Your use here with black and pink and the oh-so-wonderful touch of turquoise is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my blog. You've made my day!