February Mixed Media Card Challenge



Hello, my creative lovelies!  It's time for another Mixed Media Card Challenge!  And here's our theme for the month of February:


The challenges run from the 1st to the 25th of each month, with the winners announced on the last day of the month.  To play along, simply create a mixed media card and enter it at the Mixed Media Card Challenge.  Be sure to check out the cards from the rest of the Design Team!  So much inspiration!

New to mixed media?  Just combine two or more mediums on your card.  So many choices: watercolor, gesso, acrylics, distress inks, pencils, crayons, Copics, other inks and on and on...

Using three red shades of Distress Inks, I inked up my stencil and made a monoprint background on some watercolor paper.  I created a tutorial for Splitcoaststampers if you need some help with this technique.  Next I stamped an old PSX image randomly across the paper with some Archival Ink and embossed the card front with a Lil' Inker Designs Stitched Rectangle die.

I blended three shades of Gelatos to create an ombre effect on some resist canvas from Prima. And die cut it.  I also used some Ellen Hutson craft-a-board and cut it out again...this creates some stability to add it to the card.  Then the edge of the heart was inked with a PITT artist pen.

Next I die cut the wings in some white card stock, added some liquid snow to create texture and then covered it with Matte Multi Medium before covering it with some clear rock candy Distress Glitter.

Here are some close ups:




Can't wait to see what you create for the challenge this month!

Back soon with more my sweet friends...


Labels: , , ,