Dreaming of the Tropics

Sunday, January 17, 2016

Ah, it's that time of year when my mind heads south...LOL.  OK, you know what I mean...it's winter here...on any given day it could be minus 20 or worse and by worse, I mean minus 40!!! Brrrr...
So decided to take a little vacation in my art journal:


Flowers...a must have in the tropics, right?  Sunshine, peeking through the lush vegetation.  Well, that's where my mind has taken me.  Can you smell those glorious blooms?

It all started out with some layers of acrylic paints that I basically trowelled on with my spatula...wanted lots of texture.  Then I added some sprays of colors mists and some stenciling using two different ARTplorations stencils.  The flowers were added with stencils,  mists and Distress Inks. Just basically got lost in the process and had a lot of fun.

Don't forget to check out our monthly Mixed Media Challenge right here!



I've used the following ARTplorations stencils to create my tropical paradise:

Flower Burst LARGE                                          Foiled Again
preview-web-stencil-063-flowerburstLARGE               preview-web-stencil-023-foiledagain.jpeg

And, I've used the following STAMPlorations stamp sets:

BOLD SENTIMENTS: Create                          BOLD SENTIMENTS:  Explore
preview-STAMPlorations-Create                           preview-STAMPlorations-Explore

Hope that I've inspired to take some time to play today!

Back soon with more my sweet friends...

5 comments

  1. This color combo is delicious. Pinned.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can feel the warmth radiating from your journal pages Lee-Anne. Gorgeous summery colours and images. Looks like you had fun making this. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vibrant and such gorgeous colours. Loving the layout and the whole feel of the project. Thank you so much for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, this is so fun! I love those sentiments!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful pages, love the colours :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my blog. You've made my day!