Stencil Sunday and December Mixed Media Challenge - Christmas Tag


Hello, it's time for another Stencil Sunday project and mixed media challenge.

Would love to have you join us for the mixed media challenge this month.  As always, it's an anything goes challenge that must be a mixed media piece...tags, art journal pages, home decor, etc....anything but a card.  The winner will receive a $15 STAMPlorations gift certificate or 2 ARTplorations stencils. And the top picks receive an ARTplorations stencil of their choice.


Well, my mind's on Christmas these days...so had to get some tags done!  I started out by stamping the background of my tag in acrylic paint with some of the elements from the STAMPlorations Mixed Media Elements set.  Before I went any further, the stamps were washed quickly with mild soap and water to make sure there were no traces of acrylic paint left.  Missing this step can be disastrous to your stamps!  

Next it was heat set and then I sponged on three shades of Distress Inks and added more texture with some water droplets.  Once that was dry, I added some gold embossing paste through the ARTplorations Christmas Trees stencil.  Before it was dry, I sprinkled some small glass beads over the paste and pressed lightly with a spatula.  I shredded the ends of my ribbon and scrunched it up for some added interest.  The sentiment is from STAMPlorations Joyful.

Back soon with more my sweet friends...

Labels: , , , , , ,