SCS Color Challenge







Hello!  I'm sharing my guest designer cards for the Splitcoaststampers color challenge this week.  The colors we're working with are Cherry Cobbler, Soft Sky and Wild Wasabi, and our dessert option this week is to make two cards...one CAS and one more fussy.

My CAS design starts with a soft watercolor wash in blue.  Next I inked up my Penny Black tree stamp with the green ink and spritzed it lightly with water before stamping, and then added the sentiment from Verve and a crystal star.

Basically the same steps for the more detailed card...but I added several layers of the blue for the background.  Using the same technique on a separate sheet of watercolor paper, I then die cut the Tim Holtz tree and added some Finnabair Snowflake Paste.  The little PTI cardinals were cut out of Cherry Cobbler and the same crystal stars were used for a bit more sparkle.

Challenges entered:

Just Us Girls #319:  watercoloring


The Paper Players PP271:  CAS Christmas card


Back soon with more my sweet friends...

Labels: , , , , ,