Canvas Flowers

Monday, November 2, 2015


I'm a Color Challenge Guest Designer over at Splitcoaststampers this month.  The colors this week are Rich Razzleberry, Old Olive and Soft Suede; and for dessert...make a "thank you" or "Thanksgiving themed card.

Played with some canvas resist fabric from Prima today.  I first stamped the Penny Black "Charming" image in black archival ink and dried it with my heat gun.  Then I added color with Prima Berry Wine Color Bloom, as well as Peeled Paint and Brushed Corduroy Distress Inks.  Again, I dried that thoroughly with my heat gun.  Next, the edges were distressed with a distressing tool and more ink and I added bits of Peeled Paint Distress Stickles to the leaves.

The sentiment was stamped in archival ink onto some tissue paper and adhered to the card with some matte gel medium.  I left some of the edges lifted to add to the "distressed" feel of the card.

Challenges entered:
Virginia's View Challenge #20:  All About Textures


Back soon with more my sweet friends...



5 comments

  1. This is so cool, Lee-Anne! Love your canvas art! The colors are so rich and has great depth. You can link it up to Virginia's View Challenge (all about Textures). http://virginiasviewchallenge.blogspot.ca/2015/11/virginias-view-challenge-20.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful! Love those distressed edges and those fabulous white polka dots.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous! I love the muted colour scheme against the white resist polkadots.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow... your card is just gorgeous!! an absolute work of art!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Le-Anne, you do some stunning work!! I just love this one, so beautiful and unique!! I'm hitting that follow button before I leave so I don't miss out on any of your cards. See you soon, hugs :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my blog. You've made my day!