The Hop to Stop

Thursday, October 1, 2015




I've joined in the HOP to STOP...(papercrafters raising awareness about domestic violence) from the oh so wonderful and oh so talented Becca Cruger (aka The Damsel of Distressed). October is National Domestic Violence Awareness Month in the United States (it's held in November in Canada) and this hop is designed to raise awareness about domestic violence, an issue that impacts 1 in 3 women, and the resources that are available to assist victims of domestic violence.

You can find all the info right here.  And if you've got some time...please join in the hop.There are lots of great prizes from these amazing sponsors:

                                 

Here are the rules:

Anyone is eligible for a Super Sponsor prize if they link up a *newly created* papercraft project that has PURPLE on it, no back-linking please. Random.org is used to draw for winners.

In order to be eligible you MUST:

  • Comment on the three entries before your linkup in order to be eligible for a prize (be a good   bloggy neighbor!) (unless it's a site that requires a login) 
  • Display the sponsor graphic
  • Provide a direct link back to the hop 

Well, this was by no means a quick card *wink*, but here goes.  I added some Tim Holtz Tissue Wrap to my cardstock.  Then some light modeling paste through a Prima stencil. Next came some stamping with black archival ink.  Then I made up a wash of mica powder and matte gel and brushed it all over the card. Before it was dry, I used a baby wipe to remove some of the mixture.  The edges were heavily distressed.

A fun little collage of metal elements and stars, complete with micro beads, along with the sentiment completed the card.

Hope you can join the hop...back soon with more my sweet friends...







32 comments

  1. Oh my. Gosh. Golly. Gee. Whillickers. This is incredible. I just want to rub my fingers all over it. The background is stunning (and I'm totally going to have to try that mica powder trick) and I LOVE all the metal elements. SO cool. Thank you, my friend, for playing along at the Hop to Stop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. girl, this has got it going on! I love the different textures and I mean LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I LOVE this! There are so many great layers and details here, and the color is gorgeous! Great project!
    Take care!
    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woah, Lee-Anne...Simply stunning. Now you know why I asked the question ;) - gob smackingly beautiful xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is soooo cool. All the different textures and purples! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing design with gorgeous mix of elements. This is jaw-dropping beautiful! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely! and what a great cause too!
    love your card Lee Ann

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOWZER!!!! That is just amazingly stunning! LOVE the background... perfect for a worthy cause!
    hugs, Asha

    ReplyDelete
  9. this is absolutely incredible! I love using mica powder, I have fifteen colors, but I love the way you used them here! Thank you for sharing all your talents and supporting such a great cause.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, absolutely stunning, saw this on the Hop to Stop! Donna

    ReplyDelete
  11. Holy WOW! My jaw is sitting in my lap, just looking at your amazing card!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my, what a purple distressed textured beauty Lee-Anne! TFS all your steps too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow. You have outdone yourself, yet again. A beautiful card - and a great message. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  14. How beautiful is your card!! Love the background. It makes me think of the dark and bright side of DV. Absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love this Lee-Anne, your background is stunning. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is gorgeous. Yummy colours and textures. A mixed media delight. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hello Lee - Anne, A stunning project. I am visiting you via Becca's blog for the Hop To Stop Cause.

    Jade xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow! Ok...so I was wondering the other day if I needed some of that tissue paper...um...yeah! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is SO gorgeous! I LOVE the amazing shine and texture--just amazing! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

    PS: If you're looking for another chance to win with the Hop to Stop, make sure to stop by my blog and comment! www.mynnettekitchenonastampage.blogspot.com :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Absolutely AMAZING project, so full of detail and dimension and yet the perfect balance! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your mixed media collage is just beautiful...I haven't done much of this myself but this card inspires me, along with my daughter experimenting with mixed media, she will also encourage me.

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is so full of texture and color! I just love this card and your mixed media collage is genius..

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is so full of texture and color! I just love this card and your mixed media collage is genius..

    ReplyDelete
  24. An awesome card! I love the saying too. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Your card is breath-taking. Love the depth created by the texture and colors!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Such a beautiful creation for The Hop to Stop. Your purple beauty caught my eye and I stopped in to get a closer look. It's stunning - I wouldn't even know where to begin to make something like this. The texture looks amazing, and the sentiment is so appropriate. Thank you for supporting this worthwhile and very serious issue.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love the texture and the dimension that this awesome card has!!! So many wonderful details went into this and I love every single one!! So beautiful and so empowering!!! Wonderfully done!!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. That bakcground totally rocks...LOVEEE it...!!! Thanks for supporting this worthy cause! :)
    Suchi xx

    ReplyDelete
  29. That's what I call a WOW factor card. What a gorgeous piece of art work. Stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  30. This is awesome! I love all of the texture and the word band is perfect! :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. Loved your mixed media card, it is really really awesome, love the metal and other embellishments and the sentiment !!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my blog. You've made my day!