Stencil Sunday Create

Sunday, October 11, 2015


Hello, creative lovelies!  Time for another Stencil Sunday project!

Just some creative play here today that I'm sharing with you.  And when I say that...it's true.  I just started mucking about with a tag, some stencils, inks etc.  You just never know what you're going to end up with during play time *grin*.

I inked up my craft sheet with three shades of Distress Inks and spritzed it with some Biscotti Perfect Pearls Mist.  Then I dragged my tag through it a few times until it was covered with color. Next, I heat set the tag and then I added some Distress Micro Glaze (it acts like a resist) through the ARTplorations Leaf Prints stencil.  Then I started adding more of the same tones of Distress Inks over top.

Then, I used the Bubbles ARTplorations stencil and repeated the process. It gives sort of a funky Bokeh effect which makes me happy!.  The edges were distressed with a distressing tool and some ink.  And the final step was to stamp the tag with STAMPlorations BOLD SENTIMENTS:  Create and add a bit of twine.

Would love to have you join us for the challenge this month.  As always, it's an anything goes challenge that must be a mixed media piece...tags, art journal pages, home decor, etc....anything but a card.  The winner will receive a $15 STAMPlorations gift certificate or 2 ARTplorations stencils. And the top picks receive an ARTplorations stencil of their choice.


Check out all the amazing designs from the rest of the Design Team right here!

ARTplorations stencils used in my project:
Leaf Prints                    Bubbles
preview-web-stencil-001-leaves-large.jpeg    preview-web-stencil-008-bubbles.jpeg

STAMPLORATIONS stamps used:

BOLD SENTIMENTS:  Create
preview-STAMPlorations-Create

Back soon with more my sweet friends...

2 comments

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my blog. You've made my day!