Mixed Media Card Challenge #16


The sentiment might ring true if you are a crafter...it's not hard to do that literally is it?  *grin*

I'm back with another Design Team card for The Mixed Media Card Challenge.  Here's our theme for the month:


The challenges run from the 1st to the 25th of each month, with the winners announced on the last day of the month.  To play along, simply create a mixed media card and enter it at the Mixed Media Card Challenge.  Be sure to check out the cards from the rest of the Design Team!  So much inspiration!

New to mixed media?  Simply combine two or more mediums on your card.  So many choices: watercolor, gesso, acrylics, distress inks, pencils, crayons, Copics, other inks and on and on...

I added several mediums in various shades of orange to some watercolor paper: Brushos, Gelatos, Neocolor II wax pastels.  Then I die cut the pumpkin and stenciled it with the Flourishes ARTplorations stencil.  Next, I laid the extra pieces of the pumpkin over top and then stenciled it again.  

First I brushed some Glass Bead Gel over top and then I added some Stickles for more of a glitter look (without the mess!).  Using my finger I also brushed a bit of the same Orange Stickles on the background paper.

The sentiment is a Tim Holtz idea-ology Small Talk sticker.  

Hope to see you play along this month!  Back soon with more my sweet friends...



Labels: , ,