Birds and Circles

Sunday, October 4, 2015


I'm back with another Stencil Sunday project for you today.

Would love to have you join us for the challenge this month.  As always, it's an anything goes challenge that must be a mixed media piece...tags, art journal pages, home decor, etc....anything but a card.  The winner will receive a $15 STAMPlorations gift certificate or 2 ARTplorations stencils. And the top picks receive an ARTplorations stencil of their choice.






Today, I'm sharing an art journal page.  I've used some Tim Holtz Tissue Wrap for my background and followed with some spray inks.  Using the ARTplorations Oh My Stars stencil and a PITT artist brush, I added some stars randomly in both the green and the orange. A few dribbles of India ink came next.  Then I added some circles with black gesso and different jar lids I keep in my stash.  I added some light modelling paste through the ARTplorations Bubbles stencil.  Next I used the ARTplorations Some Birds stencil and some Dylusions paint. Then, a few dabs of the same paint also added randomly.  Then, lots of shading/highlighting with a graphite pencil and my markers. I've used the Subway Art Builders:  Create stamp for the sentiments.  Just stamped the large sentiment on some heavy weight paper and cut it up to use throughout the two pages.





Check out all the amazing designs from the rest of the Design Team right here!

ARTplorations stencils used in my project:

Oh My Stars              Bubbles                   Some Birds
preview-web-stencil-009-stars.jpeg    preview-web-stencil-008-bubbles.jpeg   preview-web-stencil-037-somebirds

STAMPlorations stamps used:

SUBWAY ART BUILDERS:  Create
stmp1049.jpeg


Looking forward to seeing your creations on our challenge page!  Back soon with more my sweet friends...




7 comments

  1. Absolutely love your pages Lee-Anne, gorgeous texture and colour combos. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful pages Lee-Anne! I love the colors your chose and the texture is awesome! So much wonderful detail, could spend all day enjoying this!
    ~kim

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lots of love and happiness combined to make this amazing art journal. I love the color scheme chosen and the background is so cheerful and interesting Lee-Anne. Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the tissue wrap background and all those beautiful layers

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your layers of inky goodness and texture. Your designs always make me want to create. :) I wish I could create as freely and as beautiful as you do, my friend. Some day hopefully. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful art journal pages and amazing use of color! I love the background with all of the stenciled layers.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my blog. You've made my day!