Tim's Tag September 2015

Friday, September 4, 2015


Had some play time today and wanted to make my September Tim's tag.  Have you seen his tag for this month?  Swoon...

12 tags of 2015: September | www.timholtz.com

I followed his directions for the alcohol ink background, but of course, wanted to do my own thing color wise.  And although I love the swirl stencil he used...again, wanted to do my own thing.  Yes, I do dance to the beat of my own drum!

The size of the overlay was made smaller, as I wanted the color on the background tag to show. And, I stamped the same image on the tag as is on the overlay.  

Since I didn't have the frosted product he used, I stamped the dragonfly on some Wendy Vecchi Clearly for Art Modeling Film and added some Distress Crackle Paint to give it a similar effect.

A fun tag to create...love the techniques and will use them again!

Here's what I used:
Paper:  #8 Ranger Tag and Specialty Stamping Paper; and misc. black card stock
Ink:  Ranger Jet Black Archival and Twisted Citron Distress Ink
Stamps:  Tim Holtz Stampers Anonymous Classics #1
All the other stuff:  alcohol inks, alcohol blending solution, clear modeling paste, Tim Holtz Burlap stencil, spatula, Wendy Vecchi Clearly for Art Modeling Film, Distress Crackle Paint, seam binding, Mini Ink Blending Tool, brads, foam adhesive

Back soon with more my sweet friends...

10 comments

  1. love the color combo and the amazing dragonfly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your tag and I actually think you did a better job than Tim did. Colors are great and perfect use of the metal tag. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your take on Tim's tag! It's beautiful ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I just love this tag!!! The colors are my all time favorite and the image is so perfect with this month's tutorial! Awesome work and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great tag, I love how you used some different products to achieve similar effects!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous take on Times Tag! Lee-Ann The colours are so fresh and clean and work perfectly with your chosen stamp . A real beauty x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love you colors and how you used the blueprint dragonfly for your tag! Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great take of September Tag, love it! Dragonfly is one of my favourite stamp!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my blog. You've made my day!