One Layer Christmas Card Challenge #17 - Heart Holly

Tuesday, September 1, 2015


I'm back with another One Layer Christmas card challenge.  The challenges are always one layer, always anything goes and this week's optional twist is "family".  As always, the challenge is to create a one layer card only and if you use the optional twist, you'll be entered into the monthly random drawing.  Each card = one entry, so feel free to enter often to increase your chances to win.


When I think of family at Christmas, it's all about everyone being together...hence my use of this sentiment.

Using the ARTplorations Holly Background stencil and my Distress Inks, I used the stencil monoprint technique for my background.  Love the soft colors with that stencil! A simple stamped sentiment and some scattered heart hollyberries and done!

Check out the fabulous inspiration from the rest of the Design Team right here.

Here's what I used:
Paper:  Strathmore 140# watercolor paper
Ink:  Distress Inks and Archival Inks
Stamps:  Quietfire Designs, Simon Says Stamp
All the other stuff:  ARTplorations Holly Background stencil

Back soon with more my sweet friends...



2 comments

  1. Beautiful background and card. Love the sentiment the colors you used.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my blog. You've made my day!