Imagine...without limits

Sunday, September 6, 2015


Time for another Stencil Sunday project!

Would love to have you join us for the challenge this month.  As always, it's an anything goes challenge that must be a mixed media piece...tags, art journal pages, home decor, etc....anything but a card.  The winner will receive a $15 STAMPlorations gift certificate or 2 ARTplorations stencils. And the top picks receive an ARTplorations stencil of their choice.


This was some mixed media paper that I used to clean off my stencil from another project...it left some wonderful texture on the paper!  It was covered with a layer of gesso and then I did some background stamping.  Next comes some light modelling paste through my Foiled ARTplorations stencil.  Why light modelling paste?  I really like it as it dries quite quickly compared to some of the other pastes.  Next I added some color using the direct-to-paper method with some Distress Inks and then wiped away the excess with a baby wipe.

Then comes a layer of crackle paste through my Bloom Silhouettes ARTplorations stencil.  I used what I'd call a medium layer to ensure there was some cracking. Next, I dyed some seam binding with the same Distress Inks and crinkled it.  Finally, I stamped the sentiment in archival ink and cut it out.  

Here's what I used:
Paper:  mixed media
Inks:  Distress Inks and Archival Inks
Stamps:  STAMPlorations Mixed Media Grunge and Imagine
All the other stuff:  ARTplorations Old Rose Prints, Foiled and Bloom Silhouettes stencils, light modelling paste, spatula, Antique Silver Crackle Art Extravagance Texture Paste, seam binding, Distress Markers, Tim's Tiny Attacher, Tim Holtz Tags & Bookplates die

Check out all the amazing designs from the rest of the Design Team right here!

Back soon with more my sweet friends...




5 comments

  1. this tag is so pretty - love the crackle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my....Lee-Anne, what a gorgeous textured beauty :-) I love all your layers, colors and cut out sentiments. TFS you tag and Detailed Description my friend. Hugs, Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Imagine without limits: a perfect motto for your aesthetic. You're always trying some new technique or creating some beautiful design - like this one! Sooo pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another amazing tag Lee-Anne. I LOVE your mixed media designs and learn so much from you. xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my blog. You've made my day!