HOLIDAY EXPRESSIONS: Yuletide Cheer Mini Hop


It's time for another STAMPlorations mini hop.  This week we are featuring the new HOLIDAY EXPRESSIONS:  Yuletide Cheer set, just in time for you to start on those Christmas cards!


When I first saw the set, I was immediately drawn to the sweet little gingerbread cottage.  It was stamped and masked before using both the Holly Background ARTplorations stencil and the X Marks the Spot ARTplorations stencil.  Added a little snow to add to the festive feel and done!

And then, I wanted to do another card with that sweet wreath.  Don't you just love those skates?


This card is all about removing color.  I inked up the background with three shades of Distress Inks and then placed my Holly Background ARTplorations stencil over top.  Then, I misted it lightly with water and removed some color.  Next, I stamped the image and sentiment on the card and then removed more color from the skates with a tiny brush, some water and a paper towel.  It highlights the skates beautifully without coloring them.  The final step was to add some inky smudges around the wreath to add a bit more depth.  

Here's how the mini-release blog hop works:


And, for one week only (till October 7), Yuletide Cheer is available at 10% off - (that's $10.80 instead of $12)

Check out the amazing Design Team projects here.  Don't forget to comment to win!

Challenges entered:
Simon Says Wednesday Challenge:  anything goes
Simon Wednesday Challenge Blog

Back soon with more my sweet friends...


Labels: , , ,