Denim Charger

Sunday, September 13, 2015


It's Stencil Sunday over at STAMPlorations!

Don't you just love a bargain?  I found this denim charger for 79 cents!!!  Yay!

First off, I added a layer of clear gesso to seal the denim.  Next I used some black archival ink through the Leaf Prints ARTplorations stencil.  Then I added some acrylic paint through the Christmas Trees stencil...just using the bottom part of the trees.

The Flutterby stencil was used with some Copper Inka Gold and I also just smudged some here and there with my finger.  The entire rim of the charger was also rubbed with the same Inka Gold.  For a little more depth, I added some of the Trendy Butterflies in another shade of archival ink.

The final step was to add some wording from the Bold Sentiments:  Believe set.

A fun project to make for sure!  Here are the links to all the ARTplorations stencils and the STAMPlorations stamp sets I used:

Leaf Prints                          Christmas Trees                                Flutterby
preview-web-stencil-001-leaves-large.jpeg          preview-web-stencil-011-christmastrees.jpeg         preview-web-stencil-019-flutterby copy.jpeg



Trendy Butterflies                       Bold Sentiments:  Believe
stmp1082.jpeg          preview-STAMPlorations-Believe

Would love to have you join us for the challenge this month.  As always, it's an anything goes challenge that must be a mixed media piece...tags, art journal pages, home decor, etc....anything but a card.  The winner will receive a $15 STAMPlorations gift certificate or 2 ARTplorations stencils. And the top picks receive an ARTplorations stencil of their choice.


Back soon with more my sweet friends...



8 comments

  1. This looks fabulous Lee-Anne, what a great find! Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty mixed media project Lee-Anne! :)
    Suchi xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a clever use of the tree stencil - love the mix of stencils and media you used on this lovely project Lee-Anne! Julia xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's an unusual picture! Pink clouds at sunrise, beautiful blue skies and butterflies, which took to the air for the first time on that day ... I fell in love this picture because it reminds me of the wonderful days.
    hugs,
    BozenA

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's an unusual picture! Pink clouds at sunrise, beautiful blue skies and butterflies, which took to the air for the first time on that day ... I fell in love this picture because it reminds me of the wonderful days.
    hugs,
    BozenA

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful Lee-Anne ... you have turned the charger into a work of art! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous! PS. Could you just come over to my house and fix my rather boring set of 12 gold chargers?! Ha.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my blog. You've made my day!