On the Wings of Love

Tuesday, August 25, 2015




I've had this idea in my head for awhile and finally created it.  I adore all things Prima...so I've been adding to my collection over several months.  It was time to pull a bunch of things out and actually do something other than collect!  It's only called hoarding if you don't use it right?  LOL

I was inspired by Finnabair's Art Recipe:  Timeless Patina.  Oh, that girl is amazing!  I was fortunate enough to spend two days taking her classes!  She was so inspiring, a sweet person and a wonderful instructor.

The project starts out with the Prima bike, that I added some random bits of Graphite Texture Paste to. When that was dry, I used my Fluttering Flowers stencil with more of the texture paste.  Then I started adding my elements...Sandra Evertson Archival Cast Chivalry (wings), and Flaming Hearts. Then came lots of Prima Mechanicals, beads, flowers...all added with Art Basics Modelling Paste. (Finn's hint to use a glue gun to attach the pieces before using the paste is pure genius.)

Once that was all dry, I coated everything in Art Basics Heavy Black Gesso.  Then the magic began...adding the shimmer and color.  First I used two shades of Inka Gold to highlight some areas. Then using some Art Basics Soft Matte Gel, I added Art Ingredients Glass Beads, followed by some glitter.

Here's a close up:



Such a fun project to make!  Might be my favorite piece to this point.  But it is so near and dear to my heart as it's a piece to commemorate our 40th wedding anniversary.  If you look closely you'll see the number 40 in a couple of places.

I'm entering it in the Mixed Media Place Creative Gym #11 as I've used Finnabair's Art Recipe: Timeless Patina as my inspiration.


Back soon with more my sweet friends...



10 comments

  1. Are you KIDDING ME!?!?! Sigh* Swoon* Gush* This is beyond incredible Lee-Anne. I am in AWE! Every element of this is so thought out and balanced. Gorgeous with a capital G!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is AH-MAZING! I love the sculpture you've create to commemorate you 40th wedding anniversary. I can tell that it was a labour of love. Amazing design, incredible details ... this is truly a work of art. Congrats on your first big "finnabair" piece. I'm in awe of your talent, dear friend. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous piece Lee-Anne, it reminds me of the sculptures in the shopping mall where I was at Uni. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is incredible! What a fabulous piece you've created! Hope you enjoy your anniversary too. 40 already!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow - this is so cool - what a great creation! love the black/purple and all the little pieces attached! Happy 40th anniversary! Julia xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is fabulous, Lee-Anne, and a beautiful commemoration of your 40th anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful bicycle! love the result! Thank you for joining the Mixed Media Place challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a gorgeous piece of art!
    Thanks for joining our Creative Gym challenge at Mixed Media Place!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So wonderfully creative! Thanks for sharing with Mixed Media Place!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely stunning! Great textures and color and so creative! Thank you for joining the Mixed Media Place's challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my blog. You've made my day!