More Garden Inspiration

Sunday, August 2, 2015


I'm back with another Stencil Sunday mixed media piece...again, my inspiration comes from my garden.  But please note...my flowers are not brown *grin*.

Would love to have you join us for the challenge this month.  As always, it's an anything goes challenge that must be a mixed media piece...tags, art journal pages, home decor, etc....anything but a card.  The winner will receive a $15 STAMPlorations gift certificate or 2 ARTplorations stencils. And the top picks receive an ARTplorations stencil of their choice.



This piece starts out by adding clear gesso to a piece of masonite.  Once that was dry, I added a piece of designer paper that was heavily distressed with a distressing tool and ink.  I also cut out little holes and added some drywall tape behind the holes before adhering it to the masonite.

Next comes some gesso, some light modelling paste through a stencil and lots of ink sprays. I used the colors from the designer paper to choose the ink sprays.  More stenciling with archival inks, distress inks and acrylic paints.  When using acrylic paints, it can get a bit messy (i.e. I can make it totally messy) and you don't always get a clean image, especially over pastes, etc., but in my mind that's completely ok!  It adds to the individuality of the piece.  As a final touch I added more sprays, acrylics and inks around the edges of the piece.

Check out all the amazing designs from the rest of the Design Team right here!

Back soon with more my sweet friends...

7 comments

  1. The Inkyer and Messier the Better...I think! I LOVE your Inky, distressed and beautifully Textured "Work of Art" Lee-Anne. TFS my friend. Hugs, nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really gorgeous piece Lee-Anne. LOVE the colours, textures and dimension ... all so amazing. I laughed about the brown flowers. That's what we have here. Even though our watering restrictions are for lawn only, I feel guilty watering my garden, so I have let it go and it has a lovely brown hue to it. :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. just love it...amazing depth and details...you rock mf....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this! what wonderful colors and texture!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My eye is loving your project dimensions Lee-Anne. It makes me feel like I want to "go" into that yellow space in the center and see what is hiding back there. I really am enjoying looking at your creation. Great textures, dimension and colors.... SUPER FINE. j.

    ReplyDelete
  6. love how the turquoise peeks through the neutrals

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my blog. You've made my day!