Golden Butterfly Birthday

Saturday, August 8, 2015


Just a quick reminder to get your cards in for the current Mixed Media Card Challenge...you still have lots of time!



Here's how to play:

1. Create a mixed media CARD based on the theme, with or without the optional element
2. Display the challenge graphic on your blog post and link back to this challenge post
3. Enter as many times as you'd like, as long as each entry is different
4. You may combine a maximum of 7 challenges...in other words 6 other challenges plus this one
5. Submit your projects by August 25, 11:55 p.m. Pacific (GMT-7)

One can never have enough birthday cards on hand, nor can there ever be too many butterflies on cards right *grin*?

I inked up my Shower of Flutters stencil with three shades of Distress Inks, spritzed it with water and placed it on my watercolor paper.  Once that was dry, I added gold ink through my Retro Circles stencil and then heat embossed with clear embossing powder.  The sentiment is from Happy Sentiment Builders.

A smattering of sequins and some gorgeous gold butterflies and done!  I recently found those little gold butterflies for a steal at our Winners/HomeSense store. Don't you just love a bargain?

Back soon with more my sweet friends...



9 comments

  1. This s absolutely beautiful Lee-Anne. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous Lee-Anne, must try and get one made! Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous! I love the effect of those two stencils combined :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty Shirley. Love your stenciled BG and gold butterflies. TFS my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So beautiful Lee-Anne. Love this pink and gold together. As always, I'm totally inspired when I come by for a visit. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my this is gorgeous ! Those fluttering butterflies are a fabulous add to the design :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great design Lee-Anne! love the background on this! Julia xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my blog. You've made my day!