Stencil Sunday and Mixed Media Challenge #1








































Welcome to the first Stencil Sunday and Mixed Media Challenge.  I am SO excited to be part of this Design Team!  These challenges are always anything goes mixed media (not a card) using a stencil or stencils.  You'll find the challenge and all the fabulous creations from the rest of the Design Team right here.

After applying gesso to my canvas, I adhered some designer paper to my canvas and then applied a mix of acrylic paints and fluid matte medium.  When dry, I stamped some images from the Mixed Media Grunge set  in two shades of archival inks.  Next I added some light modeling paste and inked with more archival ink.  Then I added a couple of colors of color mists.   I've stenciled the largest butterfly from the Flutterby stencil with some metallic gold embossing paste and added more randomly with my spatula.

And to finish it off, I added the self-adhesive letters and a wide strip of gold washi tape.


preview-web-stencil-019-flutterby copy.jpeg



MixedMediaElements-preview.jpeg


Cannot wait to see what you come up with!



Back soon with more my sweet friends...

Labels: , , ,