Mixed Media Card Challenge #13

Wednesday, July 1, 2015


And here I am with my first Design Team card for the Mixed Media Card Challenge.  Yay!  Here's the theme for July:




The challenges run from the 1st to the 25th of each month, with the winners announced on the last day of the month.  To play along, simply create a mixed media card and enter it at the Mixed Media Card Challenge.  Be sure to check out the cards from the rest of the Design Team!  So much inspiration!

New to mixed media?  Simply combine two or more mediums on your card.  So many choices: watercolor, gesso, acrylics, distress inks, pencils, crayons, Copics, other inks and on and on...

Here's how mine was created.  I covered a piece of watercolor paper with gesso and let it dry.  Next I added several different shades of Gelatos, misted them with water and used a paintbrush to smoosh 'em around :)  When that was dry, I used some glass bead gel through my ARTplorations stencil.  Easy peasy background right?

The flower and wood veneer sentiment were spritzed with a color mist.  The little antique cloche was turned upside down to use as a vase.

Here's what I used:
Paper:  Strathmore 140# watercolor and Neenah solar white
Stamps:  none
Ink:  none
All the other stuff:  ARTplorations Retro Circles stencil, Gelatos, gesso, wood veneer, misc. flower, Lindy's Stamp Gang Starburst, Prima La Vie Antique Cloches, ribbon, adhesives

Back soon with more my sweet friends...


12 comments

  1. Wonderful stenciled background Lee-Anne - the contrast with the orange word and flower is so pretty! and I love your little vase! Welcome to the DT!! Julia xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the stenciled background, Lee-Anne. Fabulous creation. Never heard of glass bead gel, looks interesting. Have a lovely day! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so unique!! Love the textured background and the ACTUAL little vase. You're so clever!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely inspiring card! I had never known the name for a 'cloche' - so now I know! Such a clever idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous background! Great idea for the vase!
    I'm very happy to be with you on the MMCC team! You're very inspiring

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE your gorgeous background. So pretty and shimmery. The vase with the flower ... priceless. Fabulous design, my friend. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous background and contrast. My favourite is the flower vase, ingenious.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love how you've kept the background subtle, then big colourful accents with your sentiment piece and that ingenious vase and flower. Stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is soooooooooooooo pretty, that vase looks fabulous on that gorgeous BG :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. beautiful card, Lee-Anne! glad to be on this team with you :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love all those blue hues with a punch of orange!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my blog. You've made my day!