Homage to a Candle

Tuesday, July 21, 2015



So happy to be getting my Christmas cards done well in advance this year :)  I'm back with another One Layer Christmas Card challenge Design Team card for you.  Here's our next challenge:


Had to put my thinking cap on, after looking through ALL my Christmas stamps.  Can you believe I don't have a single Christmas candle stamp?  And, believe you, me...I have a ton of Christmas stamps!!!

So, I thought about molten wax, and that was the beginning of this card.  I placed some acrylic paints on my craft mat and misted them with some color mists and swished my paper through that a couple of times.  Then when it was dry, I stamped the sentiment block twice to make it look like a candle. Then, using some gold paint and my Retro Circles stencil I added the illusion of a flame. 

Check out the amazing inspiration from the rest of the Design Team right here!

Here's what I used:
Paper:  Strathmore 140# watercolor paper
Ink:  Ranger jet black archival ink
Stamps:  STAMPlorations Vignette:  Christmas Block
All the other stuff:  Silks acrylic paints,  Heidi Swapp color mist, Dylusions ink spray, craft mat, ARTplorations Retro Circles stencil, sponge

Back soon with more my sweet friends...

2 comments

  1. Such an amazing design Lee-Anne. Very artsy background and I love your "word" candle! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a great, creative and festive card....love the look...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my blog. You've made my day!