Faded Hellos

Sunday, July 12, 2015






Hello, everyone!  I'm back with another Stencil Sunday project with ARTplorations stencils:


It all starts out with a tag.  I've used archival ink through the ARTplorations Weathered Wood stencil. Next, I used a translucent matte gel through the  Bloom Silhouettes ARTplorations stencil and dried it.  Once that was dry, I placed my stencil back over the flowers and stamped the brick pattern from the Mixed Media Grunge stamp set through it.  It was done in a haphazard way, just with my fingers.

Next comes some layers of pastels, a layer of a wax medium, some spray mists and a bit of sanding. The sentiment is from VIGNETTE:  Celebrate Artsy.  The edges have all been distressed and inked also.

preview-web-stencil-047-WeatheredWood                           preview-web-stencil-045-BloomSilhouettes

Inspired to create a mixed media project?  Here's the link to the current challenge along with all the rules. Don't forget there are prizes...yes PRIZES!  Can't wait to see what you create!

Back soon with more my sweet friends...



4 comments

  1. Love this tag and funny I had only just taken out the blooms stencil out to use...a beautiful one it is too.xx
    {aNNie My Personal Blog}

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so stunning what an amazing tag!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my blog. You've made my day!