X's and O's for Father's Day


Lots of grunge...some sparkle...some distressing...that pretty much sums up my hubby's card for Father's Day this year.

Pulled out a piece of designer paper from my stash and distressed the heck out of it.  Then I added some light modeling paste through a stencil, followed by some graphite texture paste through another stencil.  When all that was dry, I added the grungy little hearts which I've stamped with archival ink, painted with my fingers, added a bit of marker and then sanded lightly.  Whew!  That's a whole lot going on to those two tiny hearts *big grin*.

Here's what I used:
Paper:  Simon Says Stamp and SU!
Ink:  Watering Can archival ink
Stamps:  STAMPlorations Trendy Birds
All the other stuff:  distressing tool, light modeling paste, ARTplorations X marks the Spot stencil, ARTplorations Retro Circles stencil, Art Extravagance graphite texture paste, spatula, Prima Shabby Chic Treasures hearts, red acrylic paint, marker

Challenges entered:
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge: use your favorite technique or product:  stencils...gotta love 'em...pastes, watercolors, inks...stencils are SO versatile!

Simon Wednesday Challenge Blog

Uniko Studios Challenge #22:  anything goes with the optional twist of a masculine card

Grab button for Uniko Studio Challenge

Back soon with more my sweet friends...

Labels: , ,