One Layer Christmas Card Challenge #12


I'm back with another One Layer Christmas card challenge design:



We invite you to join along with this anything goes challenge - with an optional twist of green.  The challenges are ALWAYS anything goes, but those whose cards contain the optional twist get and entry into the monthly random drawing for a prize.  You can enter as many times as you'd like!

This was an experiment for sure, and I'm somewhat pleased with it, but not entirely :)  I stamped the grid image in a gray archival ink, before inking the card with several shades of green Distress Inks.Next, using one of my favorite tools...my finger, I spread some light modeling paste on the card.I heated it with my heat tool to make it bubble a bit.  Then the holly stencil was inked with an aqua archival ink, followed by black archival ink.  

You know how we work hard to use an embossing buddy to ensure clean gold embossing right? Well, I thought it might be fun to skip that step and let the chips fall where they may, so to speak. Once that was done, I swiped my Versamark pen across the card in several spots and added more gold embossing powder.  It has fine bits of gold throughout the entire card.

I like this card IRL, but the pictures do not do it justice - it has a raw silk look to it...

Check out the rest of the Design Team cards right here.

Here's what I used:
Paper;  Strathmore 140# watercolor paper
Ink:  Versamark, Distress and Archival Inks
Stamps:  Stamper's Anonymous and Rhonna Farrer
All the other stuff:  light modeling paste, stencil, gold embossing powder, heat tool, Versamark pen, sponges.

Challenges entered:

Virginia's View #15


Back soon with more my sweet friends...