Mixed Media Birthday Card

Thursday, June 25, 2015


Now that the recipient has received this...I'll share it with you today.

I've added clear gesso to the background with a spatula.  It's been  misted with some Dylusions sprays and allowed to dry.  Next I mixed up some glass bead gel with more of the spray and added to the card with a stencil.  Added another quick mist of a Dylusions spray next.  When it was dry I added some heavy white gesso through the same stencil and then used a baby wipe to removed some of it.

Here's what I used:
Paper:  Strathmore 140# watercolor and Neenah solar white
Ink:  Ranger jet black archival
Stamps:  STAMPlorations Noteworthy
All the other stuff:  ARTplorations Happy Flowers stencil, clear gesso, heavy gesso, glass bead gel, Dylusions mists

Challenges entered:
Simon Says Wednesday Challenge:  anything goes


Back soon with more my sweet friends...

13 comments

  1. Gorgeous summery shades, Lee Anne and a wow of a design! Thanks for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfectly fabulous! Love the texture to the glass bead gel. Such a lovely card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the texture and the colors are beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing card! I´m glad to be in Mixed media card challenge team with you :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, beautiful card with wonderful colours!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous BG and that stencil looks very pretty because of the way u have used it

    ReplyDelete
  7. AWESOME summer colours. Love the textures! Another winner, L-A

    ReplyDelete
  8. The texture and the colours are amazing. So vibrant and fun! And even better in real life. Thank you Lee-Anne. I LOVE my birthday card! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. What great texture and color on this Lee-Anne! And Loll is the perfect receiver, she will definitely appreciate the techniques used! Julia xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my blog. You've made my day!