VII Love Paris

Wednesday, May 20, 2015


Venturing into a bit of a different direction today.  Well, maybe not a bit right?  *big grin*

I've been totally taken with the Finnabair style of mixed media these days, and there are so many interpretations.  This one is definitely CAS, if there is such a thing in this type of mixed media.  I watched a wonderful video from Keren Tamir where she created a beautiful piece of art.  Her style is also amazing.  And I recently received some of Sandra Evertson's gorgeous relics and wanted to play with them.  So here it is...

The Prima box has been covered with Graphite Texture Paste and then sprinkled with beads, micro beads and glass glitter.  While that was drying, the heart was painted with acrylics and the flame rubbed with Inka Gold.  The background for the heart was made with three types of aqua glitter. Next the corners were layered with various pieces and I used more alcohol inks and beads on them too.

Lucky me!  I get to take some classes with Finnabair in the not too distant future...looking so forward to that!!!  And, I'm thinking my next few pieces won't be so CAS, as I venture more into her style...

Here's what I used:
Prima Box, Prima Graphite Texture Paste, Sandra Evertson Relics & Artifacts, Oldgold Inka-Gold, Prima The Archivist Wood Icons, gold alcohol ink, silver alcohol ink, aqua alcohol ink, stream alcohol ink, Folk Art engine red paint, turquoise and zinc Prima Art Ingredients glass beads, black Prima Art Ingredients mico beads, Prima pitch black glass glitter, and a various other Prima trinkets and mechanicals



Back soon with more my sweet friends.

4 comments

  1. What a great project Lee-Anne, love the red bottle. It reminds me of a perfume from the 50's my Mum had, Midnight in Paris? Not sure but it wasn't to my tastes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! This is gorgeous Lee-Anne. Love all the sparkle and glitter on this beautiful project. And that heart is amazing. Need to play more with my Inka Gold. Really looking forward to seeing more projects. Have fun at the class. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very COOL! You do well with media stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very beautiful! Love all the shimmer and shine

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my blog. You've made my day!