One Layer Christmas Card Challenge #9 Reminder

Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Just a quick reminder; there's still time to get your card in for the One Layer Christmas card challenge!



 As always, it's an "Anything Goes" challenge, and the optional twist this time around is angels:



My background has been made using a stencil monoprint technique.  If you are interested in learning this technique you'll find my step out and video tutorials here.  I've inked a stencil with three different shades of Distress Inks, misted it with water and pressed it onto my watercolor cardstock. Then I used another shade of Distress Ink with a different stencil over top of it.  Next, I flicked some water onto the cardstock to add a little more dimension.

Check out the beautiful inspiration from the rest of the Design Team right here.

Here's what I used:
Paper;  Strathmore 140# watercolor
Ink:  Distress and Archival inks
Stamps:  Recollections and Verve Glad Tidings
All the other stuff:  TCW stencil, Stencil Girl stencil, sponge, water

Challenges entered:
Merry Monday #158:  stencils

Back soon with more my sweet friends.



9 comments

  1. Very pretty card and great technique. Thank you for sharing with us at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the technique you used and your gorgeous Angel image. Thanks for sharing at Merry Monday, Best Wishes for a fantastic week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE this technique for the background Lee-Anne. Your video tutorial is so easy to follow ... I've been having fun experimenting! Beautiful card ... gorgeous angel image. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW...this is one stunning card! Absolutely love that background and will have to try this technique out! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this!! Great technique on the background. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love how you achieved the background with layers of stencils! Thanks for playing Merry Monday this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so lovely! What a gorgeous angel image and that background is just fabulous.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my blog. You've made my day!