MIX118 Fabulous You


Playing along with the mixed media challenge over at Splitcoaststampers today.  MariLynn has a smash technique to share there.

I placed three shades of distress inks on a folded piece of acetate and misted it with Perfect Pearls to create my "smash" background.  Once that was dry, I inked through as stencil with the same distress inks, and then moved it and inked through it again with archival ink.  Then I spritzed it with water and let some of the inks run again.

Next, I inked up the little tag with distress inks and stamped the sentiment.  It's been adhered to the card with two strips of washi tape and a brad.

There is a soft shimmer from the Perfect Pearls that didn't pick up on the camera. Please use your imagination :)

Here's what I used:
Paper:  Strathmore 140# watercolor paper and SU!
Ink:  Scattered Straw, Picked Raspberry, Bundled Sage, and Frayed Burlap Distress Inks;  MFT black hybrid ink; and Tree Branch Archival Ink
Stamps:  STAMPlorations The Bee's Knees City Girl
All the other stuff:  tag, bad, washi, TCW stencil, sponges, water mister, acetate, Perfect Pearls

Challenges entered:
Mixed Media #118 at Splitcoaststampers
Simon Says Stamp:  anything goes

Back soon with more my sweet friends...

Labels: , ,