ATSM #144 Oh Happy Day or Not???

Tuesday, May 12, 2015

It's a clean and simple challenge at Addicted to Stamps and More this week.  Our sponsor is Sweet Pea Stamps and they are generously donating four digis from their store as the prize.



I took a sharp left turn somewhere and this wasn't quite as CAS as I'd have liked :)


Believe it or not, the floral and leaf images started out as a white pearl finish.  After using my various watercolors, it actually stained the embossing, but sometimes you just have to go with the flow right? I decided to embrace the oops!

So, here's how it went.  Embossed the leaves and florals in WHITE, heat set them and dropped in some Distress Inks and Kuretake Gansai watercolors. And here's where it went awry...I tried to remove the watercolor from the embossing with a baby wipe, after gently blotting it with a rag.  Then I splattered the background with a bit more watercolor and stamped the sentiment.

Here's what I used:
Paper:  Ranger watercolor and Neenah Solar White
Ink:  Distress Inks, Versamark and Ranger Jet Black Archival
Stamps:  Essential by Ellen
All the other stuff: Kuretake Gansai watercolors, white pearl embossing powder, heat tool, paintbrush, baby wipe, Lil' Inker Designs stitched rectangles, Big Shot Pro

Check out the rest of the Design Team cards right here.

Back soon with more my sweet friends.


20 comments

  1. Oh my this is absolutely gorgeous Lee-Anne!! LOVE the watercolor with the resisted flowers!! Really stunning design and so colorful!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it looks great!!!! That watercolor is so rich!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those bold colors make this card so striking !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful water colors used here Lee Anne, I love the fusion of all the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome card! The flow watercoloring effect is striking!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it when a plan doesn't come together and you end up with something better! It really works and the colours are striking x

    ReplyDelete
  7. love that fantastic watercolored background

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card, Lee-Anne. Really is one of those happy accidents!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a very happy accident, don't knock yourself! Fab card. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous. Isn't it wonderful when accidents work in your favour :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Accident? Hmmm...all I see is a vibrant, bold, pretty card! Happy day marvelous!
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  12. Huh, I do believe this is one accident that happened for a reason. It's gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the look of this card, Lee-Anne!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think it's absolutely beautiful. Love the colours you've used. xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous Lee-Anne. Love your bright watercolor design. CAS to me! TFS
    A HUGE Congratulations for being chosen as one of STAMPlorations new Mixed Media DT members :-)

    Hugs, nancy

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh i like it!!! Maybe not strictly CAS, but i think it still applies!! Love the watercolors!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I totally agree 'embrace the oops!'. Actually sounds like a good t-shirt..... I wouldn't have noticed at all that the embossing wasn't white if you hadn't mentioned it, I was just enjoying all those gorgeous colours blending together. Gorgeous card and let me know when you have those t-shirts printed....

    ReplyDelete
  18. Really awesome card, Lee-Anne! Your water coloring is amazing and your design is so striking! You can take a sharp left turn anytime you like as far as I'm concerned!
    Oh, and Congrats on your new DT position at Stamplorations...WTG!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gorgeous card Lee-Anne and I love the pretty colours xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Just because it's not as you intended, doesn't mean it's wrong. In fact I love this, such a bold blend of colours and I love the splatters too xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my blog. You've made my day!