One Layer Christmas Card Challenge #8 Reminder

Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Just a quick reminder that there's still time to play along with us at the One Layer Christmas card challenge:


All the challenges are "anything goes", and require a one layer design.  And, the optional twist with this challenge is "trees".  Using the optional twist will get you an entry into the monthly random drawing.  Every card that you enter with the twist = 1 entry into the drawing and you can enter as many times as you'd like!

And here's my one layer design featuring trees:


I've opted for some soft pastels this time around and used one of my favorite techniques - a stencil monoprint.  My stencil has been inked with three shades of Distress Inks, misted with water and placed on some watercolor paper.  After stamping the sentiment, I then added the snow.  Now, I've taken some serious artistic liberty with this snow, but if Prince can have "Purple Rain", then I think I can have "Lilac Snow".  LOL

Here's what I used:
Paper:  Strathmore 140# watercolor
Ink:  Aquamarine Archival Ink and Tumbled Glass, Shabby Shutters and Shaded Lilac Distress Inks
Stamps:  Verve Merry Wishes
All the other stuff:  TCW stencil, Simon Says Stamp stencil, Liquitex Blended Fibers, spatula

Challenges entered:

You can check out the rest of the Design Team's amazing designs right here.

Back soon with more my sweet friends...


4 comments

  1. Wow, what a great winter scene. The pastel colors are a particularly unusual choice.
    Greetings Gundi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those soft background colors are so lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! Are you sure this is just one layer?! (Tee Hee). Love the snow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a beautiful scene! Gorgeous card.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my blog. You've made my day!