Light It Up Blue Blog Hop



Hello, and welcome to the Light It Up Blue for Autism Awareness Blog Hop!  We have so many fantastic sponsors that have shown their support for Autism Awareness and you can see the complete list here.

If you would like a chance to win a prize from one of these fabulous companies, please leave a comment on this blog, as well as any of the other blogs participating in the hop today!  Winners will be chosen at random and will be announced on Monday, April 6th.

I've added this link for all sorts of great info on autism including research, fund raising and a whole lot of other information.

Here's my card for the hop:





I've started with a piece of watercolor paper that's been stamped with a houndstooth pattern.  I wanted more of a hit and miss look, so just partially inked up the background stamp and pressed it to my paper with my fingers instead of a stamp block or my MISTI.

Next, I stamped the poppy and then added some blue shades of  watercolor.  While that was still wet, I added in some more blues, this time with Brushos.  Once that was completely dry, I "painted" the flower with a light layer of Stickles.

The sentiment has been cut from white fun foam.  It adds such dimension and is just so easy to do. A smattering of blue sequins and done!

Here's what I used:
Paper:  Ranger watercolor and Neenah Solar White
Stamps:  Penny Black Poppy Time and MFT Houndstooth Background
Ink:  Ranger Watering Can and Jet Black archival inks
All the other stuff:  Big Shot Pro, Lil' Inker Designs Stitched Rectangles, Kuretake Gansai watercolors, Brushos, Stickles, sequins, adhesives, white fun foam, MISTI

Come join the hop...here's a peek at some of  the amazing sponsors:





Back soon with more my sweet friends...

Labels: , , , , , ,