Online Card Classes Stretch Your Dies Day 2

Tuesday, March 17, 2015

My homework for day two of the Online Card Classes Stretch Your Dies class:


This is not a CAS card by any means.  Lots of steps and lots of fun!  Kristina Werner showed us this amazing technique today with floral dies! And I couldn't wait to play, but had something else in mind!

I've water colored paper with a Distress Ink and a few Brusho colors.  There are also die-cuts in craft metal, as well as the sentiment, which I've backed in black card stock to make it a bit more prominent.

And here's a close-up that shows the gorgeous metal, the effect from the Brushos;  and the dimension achieved by this technique:



Seriously, if you haven't taken any of these classes, this is a great one to start with!

Here's what I used:
Paper:  Neenah Solar White and Strathmore 140# watercolor
Stamps:  not a one!
Ink:  Picked Raspberry Distress Ink
All the other stuff:  Big Shot Pro, Winnie & Walter Big Bang Confetti Cutaways, Winnie & Walter In a Word: Cheers Cutaways, Winnie & Walter The Party Confetti Cutaways, foam adhesive, Add a Little Dazzle craft metal in Lovely Lavender and the reverse side of the metal (silver), Brushos, Simon Says Stamp Balloon die

Back soon with more my sweet friends...

15 comments

  1. Omg love the balloon great idea for class today

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this idea. How festive! The balloon shape and the items of celebration----very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card!! I love this fun idea and the colors you used!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW this is amazing!! I love how you've done this!! I'm taking this class too, but I just started today and got Day 1 just now finished! LOL!! Hope to catch up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun card! I have this same die set and will remember to try using it this way! You are very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing!! Gorgeous brusho colours that look awesome with the metals. Such a clever and creative design! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome card! Love everything about it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is great - amazing colours and love the balloon shape using Kristina's technique!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a wonderful card! The colors, the shape, the details - you nailed it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Made great balloon. Great card, great inspiration.
    Regards,
    Bozena

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my blog. You've made my day!