Mixed Media Tag

Friday, March 13, 2015


Haven't played in a mixed media challenge in quite some time!  Saw the Mix-Ability Challenge at Splitcoaststampers this morning and decided to play.

I've used some techniques from Tim's March 2015 tag, namely using his tissue tape beneath some Distress Paints.

Taking a manilla tag, I've added some tissue tape randomly and then smooshed it into a mix of Distress Paints.  Next it was misted with water and then I dried it with my heat tool.  Added some arrows with Ranger Archival Ink and Tim's stencil.  Then I added a few of Tim's Remnant Rub-Ons. See that little bird stepping from the arrows onto the star? He's a Remnant Rub-On, as well as the birds on the wire at the top of the tag.   Then, I stamped and heat embossed the sentiment in gold.  It's been surrounded by some gorgeous craft metal die cut with Tim's Weathered Clock die.  Next, I added a few of Tim's Mirrored Stars and finally, I hand dyed some seam binding in coordinating colors to finish off my tag.

If you haven't played with craft metal, you are seriously missing out on some fun!  It's easily die cut, embossed, colored and then some!  And with metallics being front and center this year...the perfect medium for your cards and other projects.

Challenges entered:
Splitcoaststampers Mix-Ability 111
Tim Holtz 12 Tags of 2015 - March

Back soon with more my sweet friends...

5 comments

  1. Gorgeous tag, my friend. Loll xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifully done. I enjoyed reading about the process. A lot of work went into this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful color combo. Love how that gold stands out off the green, TFS

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome colors and your embossing turned out perfectly!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my blog. You've made my day!