Dazzling Diva #67

Wednesday, March 18, 2015

With the weather finally improving, spring is on my mind!  And this gorgeous inspirational picture for the Dazzling Diva challenge certainly fits the bill!


The first thing that caught my eye was the rusted watering can, then the tulips and then the gorgeous blue eggs.  And that's where the inspiration photo took me:


I have to say, I love working with craft metal!  This time, I die cut it, embossed it and then colored it with my PITT artist big brush pens to give the illusion of a time worn patina.  I've also cut the watering can in a heavy black card stock and adhered it behind the metal watering can to give the illusion of a  shadow.  It was also popped it up on dimensional foam.

Did some "messy" water coloring of the tulips, added more watercolor to the background and then some splashes of the brown tint.  A simple stamped sentiment in black and for my water...sequins.

Here's what I used:
Paper:  Ranger Distress Watercolor paper, Gina K. black and Bazzill Marshmallow
Stamps:  Technique Tuesday and Avery Elle
Ink:  Ranger Jet Black Archival and Tumbled Glass, Peacock Feathers, Evergreen Bough, Vintage Photo and Brushed Corduroy Distress Inks
All the other stuff:  Big Shot Pro, Clearly Besotted Garden Fresh die, Ecstasy Crafts embossing folder, PITT artist big brush pens, sequins and adhesives.

Here's a link to the craft metal I used today:

Brushed Copper
Brushed Copper Metal Sheet

There are 16 glorious other colors to choose from!

The rest of the Divas and I would love to have you join our Dazzling Diva Challenge! Use of AALD craft metal sheets is not a requirement to play along, but we'd love to see you use them! There is a $15 gift certificate up for grabs.   If you use AALD craft metal you'll receive an additional $5 in merchandise...BONUS!





Don't forget to check out all the amazing designs by the Divas this week right here.

Challenges entered:
SSS Pinterest challenge

Back soon with more my sweet friends...

7 comments

  1. this is awesome, I so luv the sequin water drops...cuuuute! I am so thrilled you played along with us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

    sparkle & shine *~*

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love your interpretation of this challenge. It is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cool! Love the faded watery look of the tulips :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous watercolouring Lee-Anne. And love how the watering can looks aged. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card, I love the sequins for water !
    Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.

    Jo x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my blog. You've made my day!