Dazzling Diva #65

Wednesday, March 4, 2015

I'm back with another Dazzling Diva challenge.  We're all about color this week and using one or any combination of Golden Glimmer, Pucker Me Pink or Princess Pink.  



What gorgeous inspiration right?  Well, with Easter coming up and me wishing for Spring, I thought of a floral arrangement in these colors:



I started out by embossing my background.  Added some die cuts in Golden Glimmer and Princess Pink.  Taking my cue from the inspiration photo, I've added some glitter to my flowers.  The die cut tag is in two parts...more Golden Glimmer that's been embossed with the same embossing plate, and some vellum that's been heat embossed in gold.  Not difficult by any stretch and the craft metal really packs a punch doesn't it?

I did a little stamp surgery on the sentiment stamp and cut it in half as I wanted to split the sentiment. Doesn't hurt things at all and you can still use the stamp as originally intended.

Here's what I used:  
Paper:  Bazzill Marshmallow and vellum
Ink:  Encore Gold
Stamps:  Clearly Besotted
All the other stuff:  Big Shot Pro, Lil' Inker Quilted Stitched Pattern die, Penny Black Field of Dreams die, Hero Arts Spring Branch die, MFT Die-namics Tag Builder Blueprints 2, E.K. Success powder tool, Hero Arts gold embossing powder, heat tool, Stampendous fuschia crushed glass glitter, adhesives

And of course, the following Add a Little Dazzle metals:


Golden Glimmer                                                 Princess Pink
Golden Glimmer Metal SheetPrincess Pink Metal Sheet


Would love to have you join our Dazzling Diva Challenge!   Use of AALD craft metal sheets is not a requirement to play along, but we'd love to see you use them! There is a $15 gift certificate up for grabs.   If you use AALD craft metal you'll receive an additional $5 in merchandise...BONUS!



Don't forget to check out all the amazing designs by the Divas this week right here.

Challenges entered:

Virginia's View Challenge:  all things embossed (embossed tag and background)



Cupcake Inspirations:  challenge 300 - sparkle (craft metal and crushed glass glitter)

Back soon with more my sweet friends...

18 comments

  1. Wow, the card is so noble and so beautiful !! I'm excited !!
    Greetings Gundi

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you had the prettiest card fir this DDC#65. I love the flowers with the crushed glass accent!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful card, Lee-Anne! The metal gives such gorgeous colour and dimension to the flowers :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so very eye-catching! Love how you used the sheets and make them SHINE! So glad that you join the fun over Virginia’s View “All Things Embossed” Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness --- WOW! Thanks for playing at our 300th Challenge at Cupcake Inspirations!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Lee-Anne! What a stunning creation~Dazzling Indeed!!! Love the shine and sparkle!! Have a fantastic day!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! What a fabulous card :) Thanks so much for joining in the fun for the Cupcakes Inspirations 300th Challenge Celebration!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This card is a total stunner Lee-Anne! I love the colors and your design is perfect!!
    Nina-Marie :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a WOW! card Lee-Anne. LOVE the gold and pink metal together. And adding the glitter onto the flowers is genius! Loll xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gosh Lee-Anne, this is just amazing! The crushed glass glitter on the craft metal - WOW! It really packs a punch! A work of art, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my goodness this is so pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello Lee-Anne, I just HAD to come to your blog after seeing such a stunning card on your SCS gallery and investigate further. I've never seen a card using metal like this, and the sheets that you are talking about are unfamiliar to me. I'd love to know more... I am so impressed with the techniques you've used with this card. I haven't used vellum much, and to see metal embossed onto it was very neat. Gorgeous! I am so very impressed, and it's so neat to connect with a fellow Canadian on SCS! Especially one who is so accomplished in card-making, WOW! You really touched my heart and encouraged me by your comment on my card on SCS, thank you SO much, Lee-Anne! I look forward to checking out your gallery on SCS.

    A couple of basic questions (sorry, probably very basic). It looks like the top of the tag (metal) was dry-embossed? I see the same pattern there as is on the next level--paper that was dry-embossed with an EF. How do you dry-emboss metal,sheets (I know you can dry-emboss very thin sheets, I've seen that) or is it thin enough that it will dry-emboss like paper? Originally when I saw your card on SCS, I thought the pink was cardstock, clearly it too is heat-embossed. How do you selectively heat-emboss one color to save the other for another color, do you cover in adhesive in a type of masking? I'm sorry that my questions are so simplistic... And I think you are talking about a brand for the embossing powder and the metal sheets that I do not know. I'd love to know more. Most of what I learn is done online, I'm disabled (a car accident a number of years ago--I used to perform classical music--flute, and was a full-time university professor in NF in music performance, this card-making hobby has been so wonderful for me, as it gives me a new artistic outlet now that I can no longer play at all, it's very different and I'm working on a very basic level...) and so it's rare that I am able to get to a class. How grateful am I for the wealth of knowledge online, but often I am left craving more info, more detailed info. So sometimes I just play around myself as I've done on the flowers I've created for some of my latest cards. But sometimes when I mess around, all I create is a muddy mess! :) That glass glitter (I certainly have seen it but have never used it), wow--it's so gorgeous! Sparkly, and I'm someone who loves shine and sparkle, especially when it's done in an elegant way as you've done on this stunning card, Lee-Anne. I would LOVE to be able to create something like this, and clearly you have great expertise as this is very basic for you. How I wish we lived closer and perhaps could find a way to take a class with you (which only happens on very special occasions for me, with much preparation on my part physically before and to recover after, but it would be worth it! :) ), but I am grateful to have found your so beautiful and elegant art!

    I hope you don't mind the questions. If you have access to any tutorials I could read or watch, I'd be so very thankful, I'd love to learn more!

    Your work as well as your wonderful comment on my card have both really touched my heart, Lee-Anne. Thank you SO much for taking the time and trouble to leave that comment that meant so much to me. It's my desire to learn where I can, and working mainly in isolation makes hearing a comment from someone with such expertise means so much!!! Bless you!!!

    Best wishes to you,

    Joanne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Joanne! It appears that I can't contact you via Blogger. Would you please leave me an e-mail (see contact me above) and I'll gladly answer your questions.

      Thanks!

      Delete
  13. Wow, this is so stunning, I love it. Just became your latest follower.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is gorgeous! Love love all the metallic, glossy flowers! Again stunning!!! Thank you so much for joining us for our 300th challenge!
    Hugs, Debbie, DT Sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh wow, what an amazing shine! This really is a stunning card. Great photography too. It probably isn't easy to capture all of this shimmer on camera.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my blog. You've made my day!