One Layer Christmas Card Challenge #3

Would you like to get the jump on your 2015 Christmas cards?   

Join in the fun with the new One Layer Christmas card challenge:



And here's what I came up with:


Have to say, I love all things sparkly, especially at Christmas :)  For this one layer design, I needed watercolor paper.  I happen to like Strathmore 140# watercolor paper, it works really well for a one layer design as it takes the watercolor well and is a substantial weight for a card without being too heavy for mailing.  And speaking of mail...what's easier to mail than a one layer card right?

I laid in a couple of colors of Lindy's Stamp Gang mists into the corners of my card and let them dry. Next I added a few drops of each color randomly on the card.  Then I heat embossed the snowflakes and sleigh in gold.  A simple stamped sentiment and done!

Here's what I used:
Paper:  Strathmore 140# watercolor paper
Ink:  Ranger Jet Black Archival and Versamark
Stamps:  STAMPlorations Joyful and STAMPlorations VIGNETTE:  Christmas Block
All the other stuff:  Lindy's Stamp Gang Tawny Turquoise Moon Shadow Mist, Lindy's Stamp Gang Tainted Love Teal Starburst Mist, Hero Arts Gold embossing powder, E.K. Success powder tool, heat tool, paint brush, craft mat

Hope you can play along! Using the optional twist will get you an entry into the monthly random drawing.  Every card that you enter with the twist = 1 entry into the drawing and you can enter as many times as you'd like!

Check out the fabulous inspiration from the rest of the design team right here.

Back soon with more my sweet friends...