Dazzling Diva #64

Wednesday, February 25, 2015

It's the last Dazzling Diva challenge for the month of February and here's some fabulous inspiration. Our theme is texture:



And my take on it:



There are so many ways to add texture to craft metal...stamps, embossing folders, stencils.  Today I used a stencil.  I keep a clean set of cutting plates for my Big Shot Pro, that are used exclusively for embossing.  That makes for a nice clean embossed image with the metal.  My "sandwich" goes like this...thin embossing pad, cutting plate, stencil, metal, another embossing pad and then the final cutting plate. 

After embossing a part of the stencil with this image, I lightly sanded the metal.  Just so you know...I started out with Polished Purple craft metal.  Next using my favorite and very cheap tool...my finger *grin*, I started adding bits of Inka Gold.  If I felt there was too much color, I simply wiped it quickly with a baby wipe.  Each layer of Inka Gold was buffed with a paper towel before I added more color.  The Inka Gold process creates such a lovely patina!

Not sure what to call this technique...but I do love the look!!!

The sentiment has been die-cut five times and layered for more oomph!  And everything has been placed on a card base that's been dry embossed in a wood grain pattern.

Here's what I used:
Paper:  SU! Pool Party and Calypso Coral
Ink:  none
Stamps:  none
All the other stuff:  Add a Little Dazzle Polished Purple craft metal,  Big Shot Pro, TCW stencil, Lil" Inker Designs die, Tim Holtz wood grain embossing folder,  Inka Gold in Violet, Greenyellow, Turquoise and Copper; and adhesives

Challenges entered:



Craft metals are available by clicking the link in the right column:                         

Would love to have you join our Dazzling Diva Challenge!   Use of AALD craft metal sheets is not a requirement to play along, but we'd love to see you use them! There is a $15 gift certificate up for grabs.   


Don't forget to check out all the fabulous inspiration from the rest of the design team...just click on the challenge button above to check it all out!


Back soon with more my sweet friends...




4 comments

  1. Wonderful card, Lee-Anne! I love your beautiful patina, and of course, that texture! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lee-Anne technique ;) gives a fabulous end result!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool design Lee-Anne. Love the patina and the embossing on the metal ... so beautiful! Thanks for playing along at Happy Little Stampers. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely love the effect you created on the metal Lee-Anne :)
    Kate xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my blog. You've made my day!