Stencilled Congrats

Monday, January 12, 2015


Yes, I've been MIA the last while...but I'm back!  Sometimes life stuff gets in the way of stamping...

Wanted to play along with a few challenges today and managed to combine three with this design. Don't you love when that happens?

I'm really hooked on this reverse stencil technique.   I simply inked up my stencil, misted it with water and then placed it on some watercolor paper.  Then just stamped the floral image, which really mimics the stencil pattern.  A simple stamped sentiment and done!  Easy peasy...quick as a wink!

Here's what I used:
Paper:  Ranger watercolor paper and Bazzill Marshmallow
Ink:  Ranger Jet Black Archival and Distress Inks:  Shabby Shutters/Peacock Feathers
Stamps:  Stampendous (floral) and Altenew Label Love
All the other stuff:  Stencil Girl stencil, craft mat, water mister and foam adhesive

Challenges entered:

CAS(E) this Sketch #105:

   


Just Us Girls Trend #275: stencil



showCASe your style #6 color challenge:



Back soon with more my sweet friends...

14 comments

  1. Oh wow, Lee-Anne! This is beautiful! I've never seen the reverse stencil technique before (that I'm aware of). It's really cool! I'm going to have to try this. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a really pretty card Lee-Anne, love the stencil and stamp. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really beautiful design Lee-Anne. Wonderful technique and pretty colours too. I need to give this a try ... have only done it once when I was taking the On-line Watercolouring class. Just bought a couple of stencils that will be perfect to give it a try :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, this is gorgeous! I love your fabulous take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have never seen the reverse stencil technique before, but I love the effect......beautiful! Thanks for joining us this week at Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my a winning beauty :) Love the stencil and the softness of colors !

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning!! I just adore black with pastels -- this is amazing! Thanks for joining in with JUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, WOW!! I have never done that reverse stencil technique, but I absolutely LOVE it. It looks like watercolor, which I'm addicted to anyway. Your card is FABULOUS!!! Thanks for playing along with us this week at Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful!! I like tte colours, the image and the implementation!!
    Greetings Gundi

    ReplyDelete
  10. A totally beautiful card Lee-Anne and so elegant.
    Love the colour choice too.
    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love what you did with that beautiful stencil! This is going on my must try list. Love the soft colors with the contrast of the black flowers. Thanks for playing with us at JUGS

    ReplyDelete
  12. Absolutely beautiful card!
    Thanks for joining us at CAS(E) this sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the effect of repitition but not duplication. And of course the colours are lovely. Like a Monet watercolour!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my blog. You've made my day!