Sparkle and Shine Like a Happy Little Stamper

Saturday, January 3, 2015



Playing along with a couple of challenges over at Happy Little Stampers today:




Combines lots of my faves...a simple sketch, CAS and watercoloring.  A win, win in my books *big grin*.

I've used one of my favorite techniques for this card.  Simply added a couple of shades of Distress Inks to my stencil, misted it with water and placed it on my watercolor card stock.  Once it was dry, I then stamped the lovely diamond and sentiment over it.  A smattering of stars and done!  Easy peasy right?

Here's what I used:
Paper:  Bazzill Marshmallow
Inks:  Picked Raspberry and Ripe Persimmon Distress Inks; Ranger Jet Black Archival Ink
Stamps:  Lil' Inker Girl's Best Friend
All the other stuff:  Memory Box Starry Nights stencil, water mister, Tim Holtz Mirrored Stars and adhesives

Challenges entered:
Happy Little Stampers January 2015 Sketch Challenge
Happy Little Stampers January CAS Challenge:  watercolouring

Back soon with more my sweet friends...



10 comments

  1. What a pretty w/c background and a fab card. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a lovely background, great CAS design! Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This so elegant and pretty - perfect watercoloured backdrop.
    Love it. Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE! :) You are the best at using your stencils for monoprinting Lee-Anne ... seriously, beautiful, beautiful background. Love the diamond stamp and matching sentiment --- wowzers ... that's one big diamond!! The shiny stars are the perfect finishing touches. Thanks so much for playing along with us at Happy Little Stampers CAS and Sketch challenges. Loll xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. It sounds easy, Lee-Anne, but I know it's not that easy to get such fantastic results! A beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is gorgeous Lee-anne and I love how you made your background.....very clever:) xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Its a gorgeous card Lee-Anne!, love the colors you used for creating the water colored background, fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning!!! Love the combination of the sketch and cas challenge we have. The colours are so beautiful - the background gets an ooooo ahhhh from me! Thanks so much for playing along at Happy Little Stampers xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulously done. Great background.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love how you printed with your stencil. Fabulous colors.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my blog. You've made my day!